Sunday 24 July 2011

Auricular Theatre Update + Birdcages

Good Morning Everyone,


And what a gloriously sunny morning it is, well, here in Ayr anyway - hope it is the same for you wherever you are. The garden is looking particularly inviting today so I popped out with my camera and caught the flowers looking their best. Now, some of you asked that I take a snap of the made over auricular theatre once the plants were in flower - and here it is. Isn't it looking great. How do I explain the tortoise and the snail - in a word, grandchildren! They love them - what can I say - I look at them and remember little Alun and Shari-Ann stroking and cuddling them when they were tots and they make me smile :)


Quickly, before I sign off, here are my two birdcages.


There's a trailing petunia in the large one this year and that is golden hop growing around and into it. In the smaller one there is a red begonia just coming into flower and the trailer is a lovely clematis which has pretty little pink flowers just coming into bud.

Okay, I'm off to the car boot sale down at the racecourse to see if I can find any useful/alterable items going for a song.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Di said...

Brilliant Elizabeth! The snail and tortoise are the finishing touches. Love the birdcages too - good luck at the bootsale....going for a song, birdcages - very good! Di xx

lisa said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely garden, Elizabeth. I love seeing what other people grow. Those birdcages are gorgeous. I had a golden hop but had to take it out, it went mad. We got plenty of hops on it too, pity we didn't know how to make beer with them!!
Hugs Lisax

Julia Dunnit said...

Gorgeous Elizabeth...Ayr sure looks beautiful today. Not bad here, did manage some garden chores, so at least it was happily dry!

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth! Your garden is looking lovely. What a brilliant idea, using birdcages to house your flower pots! Love it. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog today. :-)