Thursday 28 July 2011

My first Snippet Card - Tiny Trees Tent Card

Good Morning Everyone,

A quick post today revealing the snippet card that could just be spotted photographed, along with my  stash of leftover bits and pieces, in yesterday's  WOYWW post.


White cardstock was folded to form a 6"x4" card base. The piece of marbled card, measuring 6"x4", forms base of topper - some of you may remember my experiments with marbling using the shaving foam method & Cosmic Shimmer Mist - in this case the shades Meadow Lush & Blue Lime - this is one of the remaining bits.


I think you can see the shimmer better in this photo - it's gorgeous.

Small pieces of silver & green mirror card were used for matting & layering and a 2"square piece of patterned paper (the tiny tree) from Daisy Bucket's Merry Wishes design paper was added to make this wee topper.

I just added the gems, in 3 sizes, in green, blue and white to add even more bling.


It took just 7" of the metallic lace trim for the card and I added some more green gems ... just in case there wasn't enough bling!!

Other items used were Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Stormy Sky - I edged all the card and the insert, just a plain piece of leftover copy paper cut to size.

The greeting is just a green peel-off set on to some mirror card.

I really enjoyed making this quick and easy card ... so quick that it has taken longer to photograph and write about than it took to make ... and the best is that it has used up a bit, albeit a minuscule bit, of my snippet stash. Now that I have sort of sorted the stash into types (card or paper) and co-ordinating/matching designs/colours I'm hoping to make as many as it takes to wipe out my snippet mountain ... well, okay, I'm never to going to wipe it out completely, not when I'm constantly adding to it, but my intentions are good :)

So Jules, what do you think? Am I on the right road to snippet wipe out?

Happy Crafting Everyone,

10 comments:

Di said...

Stunning Elizabeth! That shimmer is gorgeous and the whole card is beautiful. Did you link to Jules' Crafty Snippets challenge OK? I can't see a link...or is it me, very likely it is! Snippet reduction can be addictive :)) Di xx

Lynne said...

Wow what a gorgeous card. Love the shimmer and all that bling.
Lynne xxx

kelly said...

Thanks for your comment on my engagement card, the Manhatten Flower embossing folder I've used is made by Stampin'up, I'm a demo for them so I try to use all SU! products on my blog.
Kelly xx
P.s gorgeous marbled background!!

coops said...

stunning card edna.the metallic trim is gorgeous and beautiful shimmer on your paper :D

xx coops xx

Jules said...

Hi Elizabeth

Wow ... ... yes, you are definitely on the right road to snippet wipe out!!

As you say though I think it would be impossible to have none at all .. .. but a sensible and less space eating amount is my aim.

You have used some beautiful things here!! I love your home made marble paper .. .. very shimmery and special and the tree with its little gems is gorgeous .. .. I might have to borrow that idea if I may!!?

A very impressive first snippet!!

Thank you for the inspiration and for joining in the battle against the snippets taking over the craft space.

Love Jules xx

Jackie said...

A beautiful card, I love that ittle tree :o)
Jackie xx

Sarn said...

Oh YES . . . this is lovely. A great use of your snippets. Jules is onto something with her challenge isn't she?

Hugs, Sandra

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Elizabeth sorry I have not been by in a while ! Love your snippet card, the green marbling is fantastic must get some shaving foam ! The metalic lace trim just sets it off quite nicely.

Marie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! I love the little tree with its gems -so pretty! x

MagsB said...

Wow! The tree is so sweet, the lace is gorgeous, and th background paper is fantastic!! Wonderful card!!

luv, Mags x