Friday 15 July 2011

Seeing Spots - Weeks 27 & 28 Christmas Cards

Good Evening Everyone,

Just a quick post this evening. After settling back into the craft space again I've been bringing my Christmas Card count up-to-date with these two cards.


Two cards made from the same piece of card, which had been lingering in my stash for long enough. Because the pattern of Christmas baubles is so busy I really couldn't figure out the best way to use this sheet of double-sided Papermania Baubles card. However, when I saw that Hazel of Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge (CHNC) was asking for spots I thought it would be ideal. And because I was a week behind I made two cards.


The first  is made using the card as the base for a front fold square card. The stamp for the topper is a freebie from Craft Stamper, stamped on white card, coloured with ProMarkers and matted and layered onto black card and the blue/white paper,  Papermania's Bauble/Polka which teams with the card.


You can see the fold better from this angle, I think. The greeting is a peel-off matted and layered in the same way as the topper.


The second card is a tent style and I've used many of the materials from the first one with the addition of some blue Core'dinations, embossed with Papermania Mini Polka folder and sanded, for the topper base. I simply cut the Baubles card into three equal pieces and matted and layered them with black, blue and red card, same with the greeting - thank goodness for my guillotine :)


I've decorated both cards on the back as usual and the tent card inside too.


So there they are - two quite simple cards, and both fulfilling the remit for spots. I think they would both be quick to make for anyone but me - I always take so long to decide what card to use, what paper to use and what the layout is going to be that it takes me just ages to complete any one of them.

I'm off now to have a break and a brew. I hope you will all have a lovely weekend and that the weather is kind to you although we have been promised stormy rain here and I can see the wind is building already.

Happy crafting,

8 comments:

Hazel said...

Lots of lovely dots, Elizabeth - very stylish cards. Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 29 - hope to see you for the new challenge that starts tomorrow. x

Electra said...

These are beautiful Elizabeth! And thank your for your encouragement on my blog about ordering from Etsy. I think maybe I will try it!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Simply lovely Elizabeth and cant believe you decorate the back as well as the front .. amazing!! do love the triptych one best somehow love that style! love Shaz in Oz.x

Di said...

Gorgeous cards Elizabeth. I'm watching what you're making with rising panic here 'cos I truly should get a start on Christmas cards. Those spots worked perfectly! Di xx

Jackie said...

I loved these when I spotted them on DC, I love them even more at the second viewing :o)
Jackie xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful cards Elizabeth. I hope you have a lovely weekend too..xx

akilli melek said...

how cool, 2 cards from the same paper yet so different. I didnt even register that the stamp was different to the papers until you mentioned it, lol!
heading to irvine, but going by train cos i dont think i can drive that far now. Would have loved to meet for coffee, maybe rain check til after bump appears and i can drive again
caroline

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards and I love that the free stamp just fits with the paper you have used. I too take a while to make cards - they never just take a minute or two they always end up taking half a day - or more.
x Tricia