Monday 25 July 2011

Car Boot Haul - not just a pile of old junk

Afternoon All,

I hope this finds you all well and finding time, and the mojo, for crafting. We are still enjoying our belated summer weather here in the south west of Scotland - it's not too hot, just pleasantly warm. My sympathy, however, goes out to those of you living in the US who are, I believe, suffering incredibly hot weather - let's hope it cools down for you soon.


Here's an update on the trip to the car boot sale at Ayr racecourse yesterday. There is usually a sale, together with some market stalls, every Sunday unless race meetings are going on - and yesterday, because of the great weather, it was huge ... hundreds of cars ... so it took a good couple of hours to wander round. And, here's my haul. At the front, a box of extra large jigsaw pieces (£1) - saw them altered to make a mini album recently - a three frame wallhanger (50p) which is just crying out for a bit of a makeover.


This little wooden jewellery box cost only £1 too - it's sweet as it is but I may give it a re-vamp sometime in the future.


This little metal bird brooch, another £1, will look great on a project.


Last, but not least, five wood-mounted stamps costing an unbelievable 50p each - £3.50 in total. A couple still had the original price tag on them, and either of them would have cost more than I paid for all five!!

So all-in-all a profitable day and I'm looking forward to playing with the stamps just as soon as I've finished sorting through my snippets. I blame Jules at Always With A Heart, of Snippet Sunday fame, for this displacement activity. You have just got to check out her blog here  because she reveals her mahoosive snippet collection - a sight that makes me feel so much better about my wee pile of bits.

Breaking news ... my granddaughter, Jenny, said 'yes' to Kyle's proposal yesterday!!!  No date as yet, but I'll need to start saving for a hat - I haven't got a thing to wear :)  Oh, and that's another card to make too! Off to break the news to the EM - he'll be delighted for them too - Kyle's a nice lad.

Happy Crafting

5 comments:

Di said...

Well done on the haul - and good luck with the snippets. Brilliant news about the engagement - I just bet you make them a fabulous card - and maybe the wedding invites?! So happy for you, Di xx

Angie said...

What an amazing haul ...love that box and the frames. So glad your holiday worked out after the bad start of the double booking ...look forward to seeing the photos ...and yes I missed you.xx

Jackie said...

It's amazing what you can find at car boot sales, must try one myself, not been for years :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

gorgeous finds elizabeth.i can`t wait to see what you make with them :D
big congrats to your granddaughter jenny and kyle :D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

Thought id pop over and say hi and thanks for visiting my blog. If you dont have the die for the man and woman i can cut some for you. Some great goodies never thought to go to boot sale for craft things! Ill have a look next time i see a sign for one. Love to see what you do with the jewellery box.