Wednesday 18 November 2020

What’s On Your a Workdesk Wednesday - Week 598

 Morning Everyone, 

And a very happy WOYWW to you all. Yes, it's still morning - only just - but earlier than what has become my usual! Outside it's horrible. Rain is hitting the window in sheets and I can just about see a few of the last roses bending in the gale force wind that's howling out there. A good day to stay indoors in my cosy crafty bolthole. 

On my desk today there's the making of a card. Making cards of any type has been much neglected these last few months and I'm feeling surprisingly out of practice. It's time to get my hand in again. No prizes for guessing that I'm concentrating on toppers featuring deer. I've pulled out my wee selection of deer themed stamps and dies together with a 6x6 pack tartan patterned paper (Plaid Tidings from Stampin' Up!) ... I can't help but associate deer with tartan! 

Looking through my collection for suitable dies had me falling down the rabbit hole - that's the sorting out rabbit hole. 
I'd been intending to sort them into these CD sleeves for months but just never got started. Now I have another job started but not finished. Sigh. It's heartening to know that crafting and sorting out craft supplies are two different hobbies - I enjoy both! 

Which leads me to my 'And finally' today, 

If the weather continues to be as bad as today:

Realistically, as we are now on Level 4 here in South Ayrshire, we won't be going anywhere anytime soon. My daughter and granddaughter both live in a Level 3 area so we are not allowed to visit each other - again!

In the meantime, I hope you are all okay wherever you are. Take care everyone.

13 comments:

Twiglet said...

Thank goodness for crafting - I don't know how I would have got through these lockdowns without it! Yes, its raining here now but I did manage to nip out and post my 17 little snowmen to my friend for her charity. I hope you are inspired to get your cards done - mine is slow progress. Keep safe. xx Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It’s just good to know that you feel like crafting and sorting again, I hope that you’re feeling better and on the road to recovery, the EM too. That looks really good storage for the dies, great idea and so much handier for keeping everything to tidy and to hand! Sorry you’re in Level 4, sigh, we’re out of lockdown but I can’t help feeling that we should have stayed in for another fortnight or so.
Hugs LLJ 7 xxxx

Annie said...

It's always good to see you joining in the Wednesday fun Ellie. I think we are all struggling with lack of Christmas mojo but I actually found mine this morning and have done a few cards with applique and machine embroidery :-)
I'm hoping this is the start of something and I can get a lot more made now.
Stay in where is safe and cosy Ellie and enjoy your crafting [and the company of your gorgeous hubby too of course].
Hugs,
Annie x #9

dutchess said...

Hi Elizabeth...week 2 of total lockdown here and so thankful for crafting...the weather has been atrocious so I can’t even get into the garden....
I spent the morning stamping images and cutting them out with my scan and cut...watching the tennis this afternoon...keep safe and well and getting better....xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I love the craft confession that is me all over, just easily get distracted. The stamps and dies look rather nice and the paper too. Hope we get to see some of the finished cards. Sending woyww hugs, Angela x14x

Caro said...

So nice to see you crafting again. I love those deer stamps. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless. Caro xxx (#13)

Dorlene Durham said...

I have the same confession. I’ve been attempting to sort through my space as well but constantly being distracted. LOL. Have a great week. Dorlene #31

Helen said...

glad you are crafting again, especially if you are facing stricter restrictions again. It does seem never ending! (if only everyone would play by the rules and not feel so hard done by! hey ho...) have a good week, stay safe. Helen #1

Spyder said...

I spoes I've got back to crafting after sooo many years away just at the right time. I've done a lot of sorting...but when I've 'finished' the rest of the house is in a right ol pickle! stay safe. Happy WOYWW ((Lyn))#12

Sarah Brennan said...

Thank goodness there is always crafting (and organising craft supplies) to keep us occupied during these lockdowns Elizabeth. Cute deer stamps! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Chrissie said...

Love your stags, that's the Cue Word over at CASology this time if you're into CAS...(where I am the Guest Designer this week)!
Thank goodness for crafting in this time of dreadful weather and lockdown combined!
Sorry I'm so late visiting!
Chrissie #6

Julia Dunnit said...

Love a clever name, and Plaid Tidings does it for me! I can totally see why you associate Deer and tartan. In fact, Christmas and tartan for me, I don’t know why particularly! Hope you had a fine time with the card making and you’re back in the swing...
Sorry I’m so late, combined with stuff, I’ve also been down a rabbit hole!!!

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the last two And Finallies!
I think plaid goes with deer too...
Sorry I am late again...
Happy WOYWW!
Susan Renshaw #23
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!