Sunday 22 November 2020

Christmas Card Club - Cards 13&14/2020

 Hello and Happy Sunday Everyone,

How are you? I hope you're doing okay during this difficult time. We've been locked in at Level 4 since Friday and hubby, who loves taking us out on little road trips, is clearly finding it difficult being so confined - he's showing signs of developing cabin fever.

Me? After weeks, months, of not feeling too good, finding it a trial just doing the simplest of tasks, and feeling miserable because of it, a mental pep talk sees me spending more time crafting, and blogging. About time too. Which brings me to the reason for today's post - the Christmas Cards Club challenge for today. Gwen has set us the theme of 'Deer' and I've managed to make the following two cards. 



Both cards are made from scraps. I have several boxes of scraps - patterned paper, card - plain, glitter, embossed - you name it, I'm hoarding it.. I really shouldn't. It takes up too much space. I'm sure many of you do the same. But there is nothing more satisfying than dipping into scraps and creating a couple of cards, so the hoarding continues.  

Materials used:
- plain whte cardstock for card bases and topper base 
- tartan patterned paper - 'Plaid Tidings', 6"x 6" pack from Stampin' Up!
- a scrap of bright green cardstock embossed with a folder from Craft Concepts, 'Silver Fern' - ancient but still gorgeous.
- stamp - deer from Crafter's Companion's Signature Collection
- Stickles, 'Cinnamon, for deer's eyes
- tiny red gems to embellish
- scrap of tree embossed card - source forgotten
- scraps of orange (die-cut deer), dark green (greeting), gold (greeting and snowflakes) cardstocks
- dies - Creative dies (deer and gold snowflakes), Tonic Studios (Merry Christmas), Tattered Lace (Happy Christmas

Goodness, it's ages since I listed materials and I wasn't at all prepared. Must do better!

I'm submitting the second card to Di's challenge, Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge #391. She will, I suspect, be pleased to see a card, and not a scrapbook page this week. 

That's me done for now. I hope you will pop over to see what my teammates have created for today's theme. You'll find a list of their names and links on my right sidebar - as always they are so much more creative than I will ever be.

I wish you well for the rest of the day. 

11 comments:

dutchess said...

Hi Elizabeth...two beautiful cards ...and as you say how satisfying to use up scraps....
We have just completed week 2 of total lockdown here,thank goodness for gardening and crafting...2 more weeks to go and then we will be into tier 3 here so not a lot different for us....still safe at home ...take care xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Two beautiful cards Elizabeth, loving the bit of tartan card, somehow it just goes with the deer. The deer images are so lovely, and super designs.
I hope you manage to cope with being in level 4, sorry to hear that Alan's having a bit of cabin fever. We are so lucky to have our crafting hobby.
I try to stay upbeat, I'm more worried about Brexit and not getting insulin through, so if covid doesn't kill me Brexit will, I'm sure there's many folks worrying about this.
We are fortunate living up here too, but in so many other ways too, so I try not to complain lol, anyhoo, you keep safe and positive,,Kate x x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Elizabeth
Two stunning cards ......hope you are well...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Rita said...

Two perfect cards for Gwens challenge. Love them both. We are still in tier 3 but I still choose to stay at home and be safe. Hopefully it won’t be too long before things return to some sort of normality. Just take care and stay safe and we’ll. Hugs Rita xxx

rachel said...

These are great cards Elizabeth - glad you're feeling better enough to blog and join in - its very good when you're locked down! Big hugs and stay safe Rachel xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Hi Elizabeth, two lovely cards and so satisfying to use up some scraps too. I really should take a leaf out of your book and use some of mine, I have several boxes and as you say, they take up so much room.
Lorraine

Mrs A. said...

I do love to see tartan on a christmas card. Looks good here with the deer. Hugs Mrs A.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cards.

Christine Harrop said...

Two great cards Elizabeth. I love the proud stag on the first one. Christine x

Sarn said...

Hi Elizabeth

Sorry to hear you've been feeling under the weather and that hubby has cabin fever (I suspect he's not alone!).

Glad to hear you've found solace in your crafting.

Two lovely cards with the deer theme and use of snippets.

Take care.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

How lovely this card is - and I never tire of your scrapbooking pages so please continue entering those as well! Have you seen this month's Creative Stamping magazine - I thought of you right away. https://www.craftstash.co.uk/creative-stamping-magazine-90.html

I hope the hip you mentioned is improving - my shoulder reacts to anything daft such as turning the Cuttlebug handle still. Poor Alan with cabin fever, I'm content to be at home to be honest until this is over but I know that Len misses archery, although he won't go as they aren't taking all the care they really should.

Make sure you have a wee nip or two in the house plus some tasty nibbles etc, keep warm and it won't be such a bad Christmas and Hogmanay with luck.

Love

Di xx