Wednesday 11 November 2020

What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 597

 Hello Everyone, 

Well, I'm back again. Back and joining in with Julia's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday to enjoy a peek at everyone's desk and, of course, show what's on mine too. 

And it's not much. Patterned papers, embellishments and, of course, the next photo I intended scrapping. Actually, I've already changed my mind and I'm thinking that I have another photo that would look even better with these papers. There's several punches lying out at the back - circles and a square. They're the shapes I find the most useful when building embellishment clusters on layouts so they've taken up residence - for now! 

I did say there wasn't much on my desk so here's a couple of photos of pages recently made including one using that fabulous paper that was on my desk last time I was here - Week 594.

The photos were taken at my grandson's wedding last November. Hard to believe they've just celebrated there first anniversary. Time flies, even in a year like the one we are enduring now. 


It was a pleasure to relive such a lovely day while working on these pages. Eventually, I hope to put together an album full of beautiful memories for them both. 

That's it for this week. Not much I know but there's really very little to report. We were to have new flooring laid this week but this has been delayed due to circumstances beyond our control. In the meantime, it's chaos here and I've been heard to mutter 'never again' more than once these last few days. I'm sure it will pass and the new floor will look wonderful when it's done. 

Hope all is well wherever you are and whatever level of restrictions you are coping with at the moment. 

Take care and stay safe.

16 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What beautiful LOs of the wedding, lovely papers to match the photos, really made me smile! And the new photo is lovely too of the family, the most important thing of all. Xx. I keep my favourite tools to hand on the desk as well and all my knitting stuff is together on the coffee table shelf so I don’t have to search for it. The new floor will be fab when it’s done, shame you have to go through all the mess beforehand though! Hope you and the EM are both keeping safe and well,
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Annie said...

Hi Ellie. Long time no chat...I must get in touch soon. I'm feeling rather better now thankfully.
Really love your LOs. what a beautiful way to remember their special day.
Stay safe and well my friend and hopefully the flooring will all be sorted very soon for you.
Hugs,
Annie x #15

Robyn said...

I love weddings. hope for the future.
Robyn 26

Crafting With Jack said...

Beautiful layouts and a lovely way to keep those memories x Happy WOYWW Angela #29

Julia Dunnit said...

Gorgeous pages Elizabeth, I love the photo of the bride and groom kissing, great way to include the immediate wedding party. Love the colour in the pages: I know what you mean about reliving a happy day as your scrapped the pictures, something that has helped me in low points this year, I must say. So your collection of punches that stay on the table because they are most used is a slippery slope dear gal....it’s the primary reason/cause of the appearance of my desk every week!!

Helen said...

the wedding LO's look fantastic - great memories of what I am sure was a wonderful day. as you say, time flies! thank goodness this year is nearly over, I say! roll on a better 2021. Love, hugs, stay safe. Helen #4

Spyder said...

The wedding looked like the best dat ever and the papers you've used for your scrap book papges are lovely! Stay Safe. Happy WOYWW
((Lyn))

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

That's the precious thing about photographs they just keep on giving every time we look at them, beautiful page & wonderful memories.
Happy WoywW Tracey #8

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Beautiful photographs and gorgeous papers too. Wishing you a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x15x

Sarah Brennan said...

Lovely layouts of the wedding and love the first photo you have chosen for the new LO too Elizabeth. Hope you manage to get the flooring laid soon. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Diana Taylor said...

Gorgeous LO's and what stunning paper you've used for the Quiet Moment one - I love that flower. Hope your flooring gets done soon, we are all over the place this year aren't we!
Have a great week,
Diana xx #22

Twiglet said...

Beautiful LOs - doesn't it seem like another world when you look at family gatherings from before Covid. Good luck with the new floor - I hope you can soon get back to normal and hope you are both well. xx Jo

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth, lovely pictures from the wedding, an album is a lovely idea. I've found, when any DIY or work on the home is being done, chanting the mantra- it will look lovely when it's finished- is the only way to retain any sanity, lol. Stay safe, have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X

Ellie said...

Beautiful layout, very elegant and pretty. Stay safe
Ellie~27

Lindart said...

What lovely pages and memories! My DD got married in September amid covid restrictions, so her wedding went from 120 people to 20, and I think it was perfect. Twenty people that everyone knew made for a lovely time!
Have a wonderful week and stay safe!! Lindart #31

Shoshi said...

Really pretty wedding pages, Elizabeth. Well done!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #23