Wednesday 21 February 2018

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 455

Morning Deskers,

Firstly, and most importantly, I must apologise to you all for not visiting and commenting last week. No real excuses except that we had an incredibly busy week of hospital visits which, for reasons I don't entirely understand, I found exhausting. After all, how can sitting about in waiting rooms be so tiring? Whatever, I found I had no energy for anything much at all. Hopefully, with no hospital appointments lined up, so far, this will be a better crafting week. That said, I think I should show you all What's On My Desk Today.

It's that jigsaw again! It's the one that Annie, aka Wipso, showed us a few weeks ago - see here. Once it was completed, dismantled and put away in the box again she very kindly sent it to us for the EM, with help from me, to have something gentle to keep him occupied while he recuperates. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to work on it until now ... the delay is a long story but it involves two sofas, a one new, the other old, and an overcrowded dining room! As Annie says the jigsaw is too big for a coffee table, the dining table is temporarily unavailable, so my craft table, once cleared, is the only one big enough.

In the meantime, every other available surface is covered with stuff. I have a plan though. As a purely temporary measure it's all going into the spare room so that I can get back to a bit of crafting. And between times, we will be able to work on the jigsaw too.

Right, that's me for today. Time to join in over at Julia's, check out your desks and leave as many comments as I can.

Take care everyone, happy WOYWW and have a great crafty week.

12 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

That jigsaw certainly looks relaxing Elizabeth. Hopefully it will have the desired effect as things certainly seem to have been less than ideal! Have a better week. Sarah #7

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Awww, that's nice of Annie to send you the jigsaw...it'll be just the thing to keep the EM's concentration going. Though it did make me laugh that you had to rearrange most of your house to get a suitable surface!
Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth, you are so right, sitting around in hospitals can leave you totally wiped out. Isn't it odd? You sound to be in a right old upheaval, hope EM is doing well. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XxX

Annie said...

Hehehe yes it is a big one and is challenging but if you’re like us you will have many a giggle over doing it....and life should be filled with happy times so hope you enjoy it. Dod is known for hiding a piece so he can put the very last one in....I managed to prize it out of his hand before sending it on to you though.
Hope you have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x #12

Lindart said...

Jigsaws are so relaxing - so zen! Enjoy! Have a great week, Lindart #29

Helen said...

hospital visiting IS very tiring, I completely agree. enjoy the jigsaw now you've found room to attempt it! Helen #1

Twiglet said...

Trust my little sis to complicate life!! Now you have got going on it you will be able to chill out and enjoy it. It was a lovely jig saw. I think any hospital visiting is tiring - I think it's just tension and I am always glad to get home for a cuppa! xx Jo

Heather M said...

Hi Elizabeth, yes hospitals can be so tiring, but as I seem to be a regular visitor at the moment I'd better get used to it! Enjoy your jigsaw, and have a lovely week Heather x #28

craftyani said...

Love jigsaws the only trouble is I pass by and put one piece in then an hour or two later I am still there and nothing else done. Enjoy. Ani #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I love a good jigsaw but don't really do many now as the crafting gets in the way and that's space and time lol! Have a lovely crafty woyww, Angela x16x

BJ said...

Well that is original for the craft desk - LOL BJ#4 who really shouldn't be sitting here at my desk as back beginning to hurt again!

glitterandglue said...

Hi Elizabeth. Trust you are both enjoying the jigsaw, and now have a little more space in the dining room. I still don't have my table back - but will have to clear it tomorrow as I have friends for Sunday lunch!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3