Friday 9 February 2018

Friday Smile

Hello Smilers

I have a photo heavy post for Annie's Friday Smiles this week. I hope you will enjoy this little selection of  snaps taken at the Brick City Exhibition in Rozelle House, Rozelle Park, Ayr. They are scenes from round the world - all made from Lego.

South Africa, Green Point Lighthouse
& African Penguins on the beach

China & Hong Kong


New York, Macy's Day Parade
Edinburgh is my home town.
Edinburgh - a Georgian Tenement similar
 to the one I used to live in when I was young.
Edinburgh - the New Town
& the Forth Rail Bridge
Tossed three coins in this fountain but I've yet to go back!
Rome, Trevi Fountain
Two scenes from London, including the impressive St Pancras Railway Station.
Various London sites - Battersea Power Station -
complete with flying pig - telephone box,
Nelson's Column, and a very tiny replica of St Paul's Cathedral

London St Pancras International Rail Station - four photos because this model is so big!

Rozelle House is a lovely old mansion that that was gifted by the Hamilton family to the Royal Burgh of Ayr in 1968.

The House is now a major display venue with a varied programme of exhibitions, events and workshops. Sadly, little of its historic interior remains but there is still this beautifully ornate staircase. (The EM thinks it would be a fiddly paint job!)


And at the foot of those stairs the 'Draped Reclining Figure' by the sculptor Henry Moore, a three quarter size life size bronze.


And finally the funnies for today.




Anticipating Spring even though it's freezing out and we've had a sprinkling of snow this afternoon.


Have a great weekend and a very happy, smiley week to come.


6 comments:

Annie said...

I love lego and still have mine from my childhood but it looks very basic in comparison to now. Our little ones all love to create with it. Love your funnies too....I can’t wait for Spring now.
Hugs,
Annie x

scrappymo! said...

My grandkids would love to tour this house.
We are thinking of taking a trip back to the uK this summer. Wish i could bring them too!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth. Wish I had invented Lego Lol! Lovely house too. Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm having all kinds of problems with my keyboard, so I apologize for visiting so late. I simply adore those legos. What an imagination and skill. Beautiful staircase, and I surely wouldn't want to paint it. Hope you have a lovely weekend, Elizabeth.

Carole Pollard said...

Great photos that lego is amazing Love and hugs Carole x

mamapez5 said...

Isn't Lego an amazingly versatile construction toy. These models are wonderful. One of my sons has moved to Denmark (home of lego) with work, but before that he used to commute there and sometimes stayed in the lego hotel. Every room had a big crate of lego bricks in it so young and old alike could unleash their inner creativity. He loved it.
lovely funnies to remind us that Spring is on the way. I hope it hurries up! Kate x