Friday 23 February 2018

Friday Smiles

Hello Smilers

Joining in Annie's Friday Smiles ... a bit late but I've been out spending the children's inheritance at The Range today.

It's an extremely cold day - only 5C degrees - but I've had a quick wander round the garden and there's quite a lot to smile about despite the freezing temperatures.
The miniature daffs, Tete-a-Tete, are looking better this year than ever.
Newly planted up pots of Pixie Iris with snowdrops promising a bit more colour soon.
Primulas waiting to be potted up - the pastel shades are so pretty.
Rhubarb - also waiting to be planted out. I just have to decide where it's going 
... oh, and for the weather to get warmer!

Got to share this.
This quilt was made by the members of the Cake and Crafting Group I go to on a Thursday afternoon. Two of the squares were made by yours truly. It's going to be entered into a competition at the SECC Craft Show next month. Wish us luck.

Finally, no funnies this week but I thought you might enjoy this lovely smiley photo.
My grandson William with his son Callum on a visit to Loch Lomond. Smiles like that just melt this grandmother's heart.

Hope you've had much to smile about this week too and that you will have a wonderful weekend.

8 comments:

Lisca said...

Lovely tete-a-tete daffodils. I used to love those tiny ones when I lived in England.
Your quilt is a-ma-zing! I love the colours. It Works. I would never have thought that black and White with an occasional red would work, but it does. It's fantastic. I hope you win a prize. You certainly deserve it. Were you allowed to design your square or was there a set pattern?
Have a good week,
Lisca

Lisca said...

I forgot to comment on Callum. He looks bonny. I can remember when you told us he was born. Gosh time flies!

Annie said...

Oh Ellie you had us chuckling at the first line on your blog today. William and Callum’s smiles melted my heart too....aren’t we so very lucky to have such gorgeous men in our families Ellie? The quilt is amazing....I wish you all lots of luck.
Hugs,
Annie x

Anne said...

All beautiful and much to smile at Elizabeth. Anne x

mamapez5 said...

Aren't the spring flowers pretty, and aways so welcome after the winter? I love the colours of your primulas, and daffodils are my first choice of spring flowers.
That quilt is beautiful and made with lots of love I am sure. Wishing you all well in the competition.
With a whole bunch of sons, grandsons and great-sons, I too am lucky to have lots of lovely men in my life. A lovely smiley photo of your two. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth. I'm impressed! that quilt is lovely and made in the traditional way of everyone doing a bit. I studied traditional quilt making as part of my dissertation at college and this is every bit as good as any I saw. Love the colour scheme too. Happy crafty weekend and good luck with the competition. Angela xXx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I would have been here sooner, but I’m still having phone and internet problems from the ice storm we had two nights ago. To make matters worse, my keyboard is acting up again.












I’ll just stop before I get too frustrated and wish you a belated happy Friday Smiles.

cuilliesocks said...

So lovely to see the Spring flowers coming, you are going to be busy. The quilt is amazingly, what an amount of work in it. Wonderful photo, Kate x x