Wednesday 22 November 2017

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 442

Good Morning Everyone,

Wednesday again and I couldn't have picked a better day to snoop around other folk's desks, courtesy of Head Desker, Julia, and WOYWW. Why? That is, apart from the vicarious pleasure of seeing what other deskers are up to today. Well, it's a dreich day here in my little patch of Paradise. The hills are only just discernible through the mist and even the little birds have tucked themselves away somewhere out of the rain. So here's what's on my desk this morning.

Fabric. A couple of packs of fat quarters and a Christmas themed panel. All the cut pieces are for a project I'm trying out for the first time. If it is a successful make I plan to do a few more to gift to the ladies who attend the Cake and Craft club with me - we'll see. As it only takes scraps to make I didn't really need the fat quarters but they're just too pretty to put away just yet. I've not yet decided what I'll do with the Christmas panel but inspiration might come while I'm busy doing something else - while I'm snooping around your desk perhaps. As you can see I'm in full on Christmas preparation mode, just as Julia suggested in her post today.

Here's a card, the beginnings of which could be seen on a previous WOYWW post, finished at last.
This is such a simple and easy design. Ideal for making multiples of so I may make a few more. The stamp used is from the Winter Wonderland set mentioned in last week's post and the square dies, which have a very nice 'stitched' detail around the edge, are from a set from The Works.

And finally for this week ...

... the scarf is fringed and finished. Still haven't decided who is going to be the recipient but I'll surely make up my mind before the big day! I bought the yarn, Woolcraft Gateau, at the hobby craft show in Glasgow last month but I see that it can be purchased, in a variety of colour mixes, online at The Little Wool Shop - and for less than I paid too. The scarf took only one cake.

Ah, the sparrows and starlings have decided, despite the unremitting drizzle, to come out and sit on the telephone wire that stretches in front of my window. And there's a couple of seagulls perched on a neighbour's chimney pot. It must be feeding time again. There's rarely a dull moment here at Casa Worthington. :)


Happy WOYWW and here's wishing you a great week ahead.

13 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Ellie. It’s a dull miserable blustery day here too today and I’m struggling to get creatively motivated. Really love your Christmas panel....I’m sure it’s in need of some stroking before it gets used 😀😀😀 As for my Christmas fabrics I’ve cut up most of them to make more stars....I got rather hooked on making them and when you pointed out there was only 4 surplus to sell I couldn’t resist 😀😀😀😀 Can you please tell me what to make next as customers are slowcoming this week.
Hugs,
Annie x #12

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth, I love that Christmas card. So elegant. But you know I'm a sucker for black & white, lol. Scarf looks good, really vibrant colours. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 XxX

BJ said...

Hmmmm I wonder whose birthday it is soon and what numbers I'd need????????? hehehe. Love the scarf and thanks for visiting BJ#9

Anonymous said...

such beautiful work, I enjoy to see what others do ,, its such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing,,

Plush Possum Studio said...

Fabulous looking scarf! Like the serene card as well
Happy WOYWW
Rose #29

Helen said...

Loving the scarf, it's beautiful!! the card is gorgeous too, I love simple easy to replicate cards at this time of year!! helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth. Lovely card, very stylish too. I don't know where today has gone and I can't blame the crafting either Lol! Happy woyww, Angela x10x

Anne said...

Hello Elizabeth , a dull, dreary and very windy day here today. Love the card - very effective. Anne x #22

pearshapedcrafting said...

It's been dark here all day! Love the bright colours but it's the card that is the star! Hugs,Chrisx 33

Lindart said...

I love your Christmas card - I love the simple design of it, just the inspiration I need! I have to make about 10 more cards, I want one design that I can "mass produce".
Your scarf is lovely and colourful - lucky the recipient! Thanks for sharing,have a great week, Lindart #26

Ellie said...

Hey sorry I'm so late getting round but I love the finished card. It's beautiful. Have a good week xx
Ellie #13

Neet said...

Lovely scarf. Lucky recipient - when you decide on who it is to be.
I so like your card. It is beautiful and I guess the components do not come as one - lovely work Elizabeth.
Looking forward to seeing what else you do - roll on next week.
Hugs and Thanks for visiting me, Neet xx

Kyla said...

Lovely card and very descriptive of the birds outside your window too.
Thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla