Friday 24 November 2017

Friday Smiles

Hello Smilers

I hope you have all had a wonderful week full of reasons to join in with Annie's Friday Smiles. Mine has been a busy week with plenty to smile about and I have a few photos to share.

First up is this one of me modelling a scarf I've just finished knitting.
Not the most flattering of photos - I don't make a great model - but you can see the scarf which I'm really proud off. I used to be a prolific knitter but after developing very painful arthritis in my early thirties I was advised to stop. And I did stop - for 38 years! However, about a year ago I noticed that my arthritis was far less painful and discovered that it had either burned itself out or it was in remission. Whichever it is, I'm happy because I have been able to take up knitting again. It's a bit like learning to swim, I haven't forgotten how to do it but I do need a bit of practice. So I started with a simple garter stitch scarf - as can be seen in my last post - and moved on up to this asymmetrical scarf that involves a lot of increasing and decreasing. Another little success which makes me smile. Incidentally, I look so much like my mother this could be a photo of her and not me.

Next up, some photos from the garden, taken early this morning. Our first snow.



The last was taken looking down into what we call the woodland area. Front left is the bug hotel - hopefully it will keep lots of creepy crawlies cosy through the winter. Not that the snow will last long. It's already being washed away by rain but what little there was this morning was enough to get me excited!

Finally from the garden.
Simply beautiful and guaranteed to make me smile.

And finally, finally, the funnies.





That's my smiles this week. I'm off out to have lunch with my grandson now so I wont be able to visit your smiley posts until later but thanks for dropping in. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a very happy week ahead. 

7 comments:

Annie said...

What a lovely garden you’ve got Ellie but I’m very happy for you to keep the snow up there however pretty it looks. I’m happy just to share it in your photos. I hope you have a lovely lunch and have lots more smiles to fill your week.
Hugs,
Annie x

Craftychris said...

Fabulous scarf and you modelled it perfectly! Loving the pictures of the first snow, we hardly ever get snow in Bournemouth, and the funnies made me giggle, thank you! xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great fun post Elizabth and loving the funnies too. Bit late today as I've been out with friends but here now. Happy weekend, Angela xXx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

What a lovely post Elizabeth, and yes, we all have much to smile about. Your scarf is fabulous and being someone who also had Osteoarthritis, I’m thrilled to hear that your pain has eased, that’s made me smile, so thank you. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

mamapez5 said...

Hi Elizabeth. I hope you enjoyed your lunch with your grandson.
Your scarf looks really cosy. I am so glad you can knit again. I love to have either knitting or crochet on the go whenever I sit down, but I too have arthritis, so some days I can't handle it. But I persevere so I know how happy you are to have completed your project. Well done.
I am glad we don't get any snow here. It is very pretty from a distance, but I don't like having to go out in it.
The funnies made me smile, especially as the snow is only in pictures for me.
Have a smiley week. Kate xx

Lisca said...

Well hello Elizabeth! Your scarf looks lovely (and so do you). Well done you for doing that complicated stuff.
The first snow. Brr. It looks really cold. I am glad I live in a warm country.
The helleboris is beautiful. I had one in my garden when I lived in the UK, but it never flowered ar Christmas like it should.
You funnies did make me smile. But seeing the snow makes me shiver.
I hope you had a lovely lunch with your grandson,
Keep smiling,
Lisca

Sandra H said...

Oooh wow how talented are your Elizabeth your scarf is gorgeous you wear it so well! love the photo's too! espically the snowman with the kilt on made me lol take care sending lots of love xx