Friday 17 November 2017

Friday Smiles

Happy Friday Everyone,


Not such a good day weather wise today - the sky is too cloudy, it's more than a little breezy and it's cold but I can still see the hills from my perch and the birds are still busy doing flitting from tree to tree and roof to roof. All-in-all, a good day to join in with Annie's Friday Smiles.

So here's what's been cheering me this week.

My great-niece Arihanna's school photo. The quality isn't good because it's a copy of the original but it still shows what a pretty girl she is and I just love her gappy grin.

A work in progress for the EM. He's very thoughtfully creating an additional dry graveled path for the lady of the house, that'll be me, to step on to from the passenger side of the car. No more muddy feet!


Also a very thoughtful gift from one of the members of UKPC, Sue. The challenge for this month was the number three. This could be interpreted any way you like. Sue's interpretation was to send three sets of three ready-made festive card toppers together with her card. All I need to do now is pop them onto card bases. Brilliant!


And finally ...
... despite the temperature outside getting increasingly colder this pot of cyclamen keeps on blooming and makes a very cheery greeting on the front doorstep.

That's my smiles this week. Hope you've had a week full of smiles too.

5 comments:

Annie said...

What a thoughtful hubby you have...as you don’t fall on your new step. Your great niece is a pretty girl...very photogenic and I love the gappy grins too. I was bought a cyclamen for my birthday but am enjoying it in the house as yet...I may be tempted to put it outside in the spring.
Hope you have a great week my friend....not long til that big birthday now 😀😀😀😀😀
Hugs
Annie x

Lisca said...

Yes, Arihanna is gorgeous, especially with that gappy smile that only once in her lifetime will be evident (well, one hopes only once).
That is indeed thoughtful of your hubby to make that step. I can well imagine you putting your foot in the mud otherwise.
Those ciclamen are beautiful. What a treat!
Have a great weekend and week ahead,
Keep smiling,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, lovely photograph of your niece. It's great to have a useful man around the house and what a good job he's done there. Loving your flowers too. Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

I love your cyclamen. Such a pretty colour and covered in flowers.
Your great-niece is indeed a pretty girl and has a lovely smile.
How very thoughtful of your husband to make you your own little pathway for getting out of the car. I am sure it will make a big difference when the rain comes. Kate x

Sandra H said...

Lovely post Elizabeth and what a gorgeous photo of your great niece she is really pretty you must be so proud of her xx