Wednesday 15 November 2017

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 441

Hello Everyone,

It's a lovely day here. The weather isn't terrible for November, the birds are happily flitting around the garden, sometimes landing on the rowan tree that is in my direct line of vision. Right now there's a coal tit tucking into a peanut pinched from the squirrel feeder. The sky is clear enough too that I can see over the rooftops to the Carrick hills in the distance. Added to all that it's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday. Perfection!
And for a change there's lots of stuff on my desk too. I've made a card ... though I can't share it with you just yet ... and I've made a start on another. So there's a pile of dies and leftover scraps to the left and a stamped image from the Winter Woodland set of stamps that is visible on the right. It came free with a new magazine but I'm blessed if I can tell you the title as I can't lay my hands on it at the moment - it's possibly Crafts Beautiful. I don't buy papercrafting magazines all that often now as, frankly, I have enough piled up to last me a lifetime but this one caught my eye for the little creatures in the stamp set. There's a deer, rabbit, squirrel, hedgehog, a pair of owls and several little birds - all the kind of stamps I'll use many times.

Elsewhere in Casa Worthington:
Not a desk, but the coffee table ... in front of the sofa where I relax with a bit of needlework of some sort most evenings. This a pretty simple garter stitch pattern knitted from a yarn cake brought back from the SECC Glasgow hobby craft show a couple of weeks back. Just a few more inches to go and it will be done.
I've always got more than one project on the go. No surprise there - I think most of us do the same. This hexagon throw has taken me the better part of the year to get to this point ... just the border to complete now. I crochet until my thumb aches, rest for a while, then pick up the knitting which, if I'm honest, is a bit of a breeze compared with the crochet - requiring, as it does, very little concentration.

Well, I hope our Head Desker, Julia, doesn't despair too much at the length of my post today. I've wittered on a bit but I seem to be back in crafting mode so there's a lot to share.

Have a great WOYWW and a wonderful week ahead.

13 comments:

Annie said...

I love these sorts of autumns too Ellie. I’ve still got fuschias in bloom as we’ve not had sufficient frosts to knock them back yet 😀
Really love your crocheted throw....a real labour of love.
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Annie said...

We were obviously reading and commenting as the same time Ellie 😀 feel free to come and mess up my sewing room any time 😀
Hugs,
Annie x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth, love all your colourful pieces. I think I too may have picked up that magazine- like you I don't buy many, just the odd one every now & again when something catches my eye, like the Penguins die on the one on my post. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

Cheetarah said...

Yes I also have many projects on the go, but not knitting/crochetting though - i just can't do it or have the pateince for such a long timed project... your throw looks amazing! Happy WOYWW! xox Cheetarah #28

Ellie said...

Yaaay love seeing lots of different projects. The crochet blanket is very pretty.
Ellie #19

Neet said...

Sounds to be wonderful sitting in your room with those views and the wildlife.
That is one busy desk so it is nice to see the coffee table is calmer with its riot of colourful knitting. The hexagon throw is beautiful, you are a very multi talented lady.
Thanks for sharing
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Helen said...

loving the hexagons! good luck getting it finished. Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth. Looks like you're going to be busy for a while. Happy woyww, Angela x11x

Lindart said...

Hi Elizabeth! Those woodland stamps look awesome - I'm sure you can use them for all sorts of things! Great progress on the scarf and hexagon throw! I used to knit or crochet in front of the TV, but no more - these days it's the i-pad during commercials! Bot sure if my hands would be up to all that exercise anymore! Thanks for sharing, have a great week! Lindart #25

Lunch Lady Jan said...

So pleased that you've had some nice weather, we've had blue skies here today too and while it's chilly, it's been quite calm. Hope you and EM are feeling a little better? I love that hexy blanket, the colours are beautiful, it looks really fresh and funky. I've seen those yarn cakes but haven't succumbed...yet!! Lol
Hugs LLJ 15 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Elizabeth, I must admit that I admire people who crochet; it's one of those crafts that I've never really got my head round. Now the knitting I could cope with, especially a nice simple scarf. Love the colours of both projects. Happy WOYWW Sarah #10

glitterandglue said...

Hi Elizabeth. I LOVE that hexagon blanket - yes, they do take a certain amount of concentration, don't they?! I made one a couple of years ago - took my grey cells a long time to recover! Your knitting is great - those colours are good together.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Julia Dunnit said...

Sorry I'm late! I love that hexagon throw, it's so pretty. So are the colours of the knit cake thingy, aren't you prolific! Shopkeeper Gal often gives us a shout out when a magazine has a fab stamp set on it, I think this one is lovely, right up your street. So glad youre enjoying good weather, long may it last!