Another Sunday and another Snippet Card to share over at Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 203. The materials strewn all over, and around, my workdesk at the moment are Christmas themed but it came to me that some of them could be put to a different use. This winter birthday card is the result.
How I made the card:
- First, a white A6 card blank was covered with the patterned paper from Cosy Christmas from Quick Cards and then a ribbon strip from a sheet of Penny Black Stickeroos Winter Fantasy was added.
- Next, the topper, from the same sheet of Stickeroos, was matted on to a snippet of smooth white cardstock and attached to the front of the card.
- Birthday Wishes, from Sweet Roses Embossing Folder and Stamp Set, was stamped on to another snippet of white cardstock, using a Memento Love Letter ink pad, and matted on to yet another scrap of card, this time a co-ordinating shade of teal.
- Papermania iridescent gems in shades of green and pink were sprinkled around two corners to finish the front.
- Finally, leftover strips of the paper were used to decorate the inside and back of the card.
There we are! An easy birthday card quickly made on a dark and dismal Sunday afternoon. I think I've earned a lovely hot cup of tea now.
Edit Note: Once again, it has taken someone else, this time Sally H, to remind me that this card fits with Stamping Sensations challenge for Festive Flowers and Foliage this month - thanks for that Sally H, so I'm submitting it as suggested:
Stamping Sensations November challenge
Take care everyone and Happy Crafting,