What a day this has been - Team Great Britain has won the Davis Cup, it's my umpteenth birthday and here's a card I made for the last Rudolph Day Challenge of the year, Pixie's Sunday Snippets and Hazel's CHNC too. It's always something of a miracle if I make a card that fits with one challenge but I think three is virtually unheard of!
How it was made:
- I started by creating a 5½" square card blank with Papermill Direct's Buff (Kraft) cardstock ... oriented to make a tent shaped card.
- The front of the card blank was covered with red tartan patterned paper - a freebie from an issue of Scrapbook Magazine which has now, sadly, ceased to exist.
- The stag, using Tattered Lace's Stag Head die, was cut twice, once from a snippet Mocha Brown cardstock and then from the leftover buff card.
- To make the topper, the stag was mounted on a snippet of white card, then matted and layered on to an off cut of the tartan paper and another snippet of the brown card before attaching it, using dimensional adhesive, to the card front.
- The computer generated greeting was given the same treatment as the topper.
- I then wound buff coloured paper string (The Works) and bronze metalic cord round the top of the card, tied a bow and added a tiny gold coloured bell.
- Finally, to finish it off some gold coloured pearly gems were added to the bottom left corner.
This was a fast card to make ... it took longer to write up the above than it did to make it.
As well as entering it into the challenges already mentioned I'm also entering the card into Hazel's other challenge:
CHNC Challenge Extra for November 2015
Would you believe I started to write up this post hours ago?!?! There's been so many distractions today, but I've got to say it's been a very good day - one of the best :) I hope your day has been just as good.
Take care. I wish you a great week ahead.