I trust you are having a very good Thursday. It's been 21°C in our back garden today so after a good few hours gardening, and a spell of sitting just taking in the rays, of course, I had to come indoors to cool down. Such a lovely change from the recent horrible weather we've had. All that sun and I have a Christmas card to share with you!!! However, I did make it especially for Hazel's CHNC Challenge the remit for which is that we use some blue this week.
- white A5 deckle-edged base card
- cardstock in three shades of blue
- an 8"x8" textured embossing folder - Textures Artist Collection Distress by Crafter's Companion - used on the lightest shade of blue cardstock
- the topper matted and layered on to the mid and darker shades of blue cardstock
- blue satin ribbon
- a snowflake die from X-cut (Docrafts) and a snippet of silver mirror card - the snowflake was cut in half and tucked under the topper top left and lower right to create embellishments
Couldn't have been simpler to make but I love the combination of blues. And, it used up a couple of leftover scraps of cardstock (the mid and darker shades of blue) and that snippet of silver mirror card, not to mention that I got to recycle a very pretty winter scene ... I live to recycle :)
As well as CHNC Challenge 232 , I'm submitting this card to Hazel's other challenge:
CHNC Challenge Extra for June 2015 - where, as always, anything goes as long as it's Christmas
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 180 - where anything goes as long as a snippet or two has been used in the making.
That's me done for today. I'm off to do a bit of blog hopping now :)