Just a quick post to note that I am planning to join in with the photo challenge from Rinda, Gallo Organico, The Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt.
I've been following Rinda's blog for a year or two now and have thought about joining in her scavenger hunts before, just never quite got round to actually doing it. This summer, I've decided, is the year to start!
The idea is a simple one, take a list of 21 items, find and photograph them then post the photos here. I take hundreds of photographs every year so this should be easy to do ... well, you'd think! We shall see. What attracted me to the challenge is that it will encourage me to get out and make an effort to explore the area more. And be more observant too, especially as some of the items on the list are more challenging than others and some are just a bit quirky!
Here's Rinda's Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt List for 2015.
1. A bouquet of flowers
2. An ornate door knocker
3. A person walking a dog (or other animal)
4. People playing a board game or card game
5. Architectural columns
6. A metal bridge
7. A turtle
8. Someone "plugged in" to social media
9. A tent
10. A college or university
11. A cellular tower or television satellite dish
12. A public restroom, bathroom, or toilet
13. A merry-go-round or carousel
14. A traffic signal
15. A flag pole with at least three flags on it
16. A panoramic view, taken while standing someplace high in the air
17. At least two people wearing matching outfits or uniforms
18. An overloaded truck, car, bicycle or other vehicle
19. A ticket booth
20. A natural body of water
21. A photograph of you with a sign reading "2015 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt". Note: you may not use a substitute for this item.
If you find something on the list too difficult, you may substitute one of the following items for any one item on the list, except for Item #21:
Alternative A: People eating outside
Alternative B: Someone holding an umbrella
Alternative C: A rocking chair
I'm not sure where I'm going to find a 'turtle', #7, and the three flags on a flagpole, #15, is probably impossible. I'm sure I've never seen three flags on a flagpole here in the UK and it may be because, according to the UK Gov website guide, the flying of only one flag on a vertical flagpole is permitted! So that will be a substitute then :) Oh, and where are all the overladen vehicles,#18, when you need them?
All photos have to be taken between June 1st 2015 and September 22nd 2015, and everyone is welcome to join in ... just pop over to Rinda's blog, Gallo Organico, and let her know if you do decide to take part.
I've already made a start and it's going well. Indeed, I'm thoroughly enjoying the hunt and plan to begin posting photos very soon.
Have a great day,