Tuesday 17 May 2022

Scrapbook Layouts 2022 - Nos. 13-15

Hello Again,

Another Monday, another new week and I hope it finds you well and all ready to go after the weekend. 

Thought I'd drop by to share a few more pages out of the forty plus made so far this year.

13. 1910 Great-Great Uncles

This layout covers the tragic story of these two great-great uncles who died, in America, tragically young in an incident in a coal mine. This is another page from the family history album. 

14. Together
And here's another. This photo is of my paternal great-grandparents taken, I think, on their wedding day. It's a fairly typical studio portrait of the time - very stiff and formal. I never knew my great-grandfather, he died early of tuberculosis, but I did know my Portobello great-grandmother. The stunning flowers are from a Maggie Holmes Marigold ephemera pack by Crate Paper. 

15. Under the Old Pine Tree
And now for something completely different. This, a scraplift of a page by Karin Dahllof, is nothing like my usual style but I really love it. There's a mixed media background, a limited colour palette, and a selection of whimsical embellishments in the clusters and the smallest strip of patterned paper. 

I feel I'm getting over the dreaded lurgy and will be, I'm hoping, fighting fit again by the end of the week! 

Take care and stay safe. 

Elizabeth

1 comment:

cuilliesocks said...

What lovely pages Elizabeth. Super layouts and papers too, and embellished beautifully, Kate x