Wednesday 27 January 2021

What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 608

Hello everyone,

Happy What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday to you all. I hope you are all well and finding plenty of crafting time. I've been doing my best but, in truth, have not been doing much more than creating a paper storm around me. I did try to clean up a bit yesterday and still my desk looks like this.
This photo was taken yesterday in the bad light that has become the norm at this time of year. Sigh. Thankfully, it isn't long now until February when the light should start to improve. So this is what passes for tidy at the moment. Papers that were being played with over the weekend while I tried to participate in a cyber crop, and failed miserably, have been put away. Only to be replaced by another pile - just visible on the right - for this week's challenge. It involves creating pages based on a mood board, something I've never tried before. And that explains the materials lying out on my desk this morning. The photos are of Alan's great niece and nephew home schooling - very much a now theme. Here's a peak at the mood board borrowed from Pinterest. 
Interesting colours - not sure I like all those browns but it's my choice so I've only got myself to blame. And, with so little reason to procrastinate - no gardening, no road trips, no cafe's open - the challenge will do me good. 

Update on Alan - he's very much better today, almost his old self again. Given that he has never reacted to a vaccination before for him to have such a bad reaction to the Covid vaccine was totally unexpected. Admittedly, the leaflet he was handed at the time did warn him of the possibility but we happily dismissed them - it wouldn't happen to him! Lesson learned. 

I think that's all from me today. Not much going on so not much to show/report. There's a few scrapbook pages completed but they'll keep for another day. There's not been much progress on the nature journal but I'm hoping to catch up over the coming week. In the meantime, I've been entertained by a pair of sparrows that have returned to nest behind the weahterboards just above the craftroom window. Remember the fledglings last year so look forward to seeing this years brood. 

Take care everyone, and stay safe.

16 comments:

Neet said...

How lovely to have the sparrows nesting with you. I remember reading we should protect them as there is a shortage of sparrows so you are doing something great in providing housing and room for new birth.
So glad to read Alan is doing much better. I had mine and no reaction at all. Not even a sore arm. In fact Chas could not see where it was on me. The nurse said to expect severe bruising because of medication I am on but nothing. I was so lucky.
I love brown and 'shades of' so your mood board is perfect to myk eyes. Keep going it is lovely.
Take care and stay safe and well, Hugs, Neet 9 xx

Annie said...

It’s good to see what you’re busy with and even better to hear that the love of your life is now feeling better.
Hugs,
Annie’s #12

My name is Cindy said...

Oh dear, I didn't realise Alan had had a bad reaction - what a rotten end to the year! Glad to hear he's on the mend though. Totally sympathise with the 'paper storm'. I don't know how it happens, but just looking for the right shade of pink can create absolute chaos. Still as you say there's not much else to do and the crafting is keeping me sane(ish). Happy WOYWW, stay safe, stay well, Cindy xx #8

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh I am glad that Alan is feeling better, I always react to the flu jab badly. Have you heard when you get your COVID jab yet? I think that you’re doing fine even thinking about crafting and like your mood board! Sparrows always make me smile, we have a host that come to out garden and the squabbling that goes on could rival East Enders!!
Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

Lisa-Jane said...

Goodness what a worry with Alan's reaction?! Glad he's feeling better now. What will they do about the next installment? I do love a moodboard challenge, any scrappy challenge in fact! I've been thoroughly enjoying the Go Go Getaway cyber crops each month. Sometimes though, you just can't make it work, can you?! Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #10

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi Elizabeth. Glad to hear Alan is on the mend. Not sure I would be happy with those colours either, but I am sure you will work it out. The lockdown meant we spent more time in the garden last year, watching the sparrows. Have a great week Angela #15

Twiglet said...

Good to hear Alan is Ok now - we all think we will be fine with the vaccine but there is always a chance of it not being Ok. I will have to wait for mine for a while as I am under 70!! I love the mood board - beiges/coffee colours and browns suit me so I would choose them. Take care and keep well. xx Jo

Helen said...

I was sorry to hear Alan had had a bad reaction, but glad that he is better now. Loving your scrapping this week, and that fab mood board. Take care, stay safe. Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, pleased to hear that Alan is feeling better. My mum had her's last week and she did say that her arm was burning for a while but she seems okay. I quite like those colours and the addition of the blue too with the brown works so well. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x18x

Sarah Brennan said...

So glad that Alan is feeling better now. Love the mood board myself and look forward to seeing what comes of the page Elizabeth. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Caro said...

So glad to hear that Alan is feeling better. I look forward to seeing what you do with the mood board. Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, with love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#14)

Catriona said...

Glad that Alan is on the mend-we are getting our jabs on 11th February in the evening. I like your colour scheme-it’s a lovely warm look.

Karen said...

Hi! At least your playing ~ That's progress in itself ~ Have fun with your mood board page and over the weekend ~ Love, Karen#32

BJ said...

Not sure I could cope with a cyber crop, or even any other sort of crop really, I guess I like my own company and do my own thing in the most part. Like the mood board though, thought it was an actual page LOL. Like the rectangles, might try to incorporate something like that... Hmmmm.

Don't worry about the overhead shot. I was just standing on my bed with my arms up, and yes I can now get both arms up without any trouble at all.

I'd say stick with the pony tail, although hubby did cut a couple of inches off mine the other day, but it is still rather long. Not been to a hairdressers for decades now! I colour my own as well now, purple of course!

Hugs and thanks for the visit BJ#11

Shoshi said...

I love your mood board. The pinks and browns are a winning combination for me! A nice subtle blend. Lovely to have sparrows nesting. I'm always in 2 minds about being glad or sorry the blackbirds are busy nesting in the spring in our garden - the kitties tend to make short work of the babies when they are having their flying lessons - they are very vulnerable until they qualify for a pilot's licence!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #24

Spyder said...

Yes, I can relate to a paper storm! It's reached the hall, living room kitchen in my house, luckily we don't have stairs! but I have to climb over things to get to my laptop! I quite like brown, earthy colour! I'm sure your papge will be fabulous! Have a great crafty week. Stay Safe. Happy Late WOYWW!? ((Lyn)) #17