Saturday 2 January 2021

The First Post of the Year - Daybreak Photo & Scrap Page 01/2021

Hello Everyone,

We're in a new year and hopefully things are going to improve for us all. Time will tell but I certainly felt a bit more positive today, probably because the sky at daybreak was this beautiful. 

It has been a cool, crisp winter day too so I managed to get out for a short, very short, walk - the first for many weeks. There's nothing like a bit of fresh air to make me feel cheery. 

And here's the first scrap page of the year too. The theme of this layout is how early signs of Christmas appear in our shops each year - it seems it gets earlier every year. The photos on this page were taken in November 2012 but I spotted festive fare on the shelves in our local supermarket as early as September in 2020. By my reckoning that means it's only 9 months to next Christmas! 

All papers are from the December kit from Mind The Scrap and the embellishments are from old stash. The layout is from a Scrapbook Page Maps sketch by Becky Fleck and the idea for the page is from the Festive Flavours Event, #1, at A Spoonful of Scraps - a Facebook challenge site.

I think that's me done with Christmas pages for now. I'll be looking at scrapping winter themed photos - I'm looking forward to using quite a different colour palette - cool blues, whites and silvers instead of all those reds, greens and golds. 

That's it from me today. I'll be back again tomorrow with the first of my cards for the Christmas Card  Club Challenge tomorrow. 

In the meantime, I hope you are all well and happy crafting. 

3 comments:

Rita said...

Happy New Year. Beautiful Scrapbook page Elizabeth. Here’s to a better year. Hugs Rita xxx

Sandra H said...

Best treat of all is a good walk weather permitting but cold and crisp days are perfect if well wrapped up your creative creation is adorable...me too another Christmas came and gone looking forward to a better and healthier 2021 stay Sade and a happy new year xx

cuilliesocks said...

Happy New Year Elizabeth, so pleased you ventured out for your walk, it does make a difference and cold crisp days are the best.
Your page is fabulous, love the layout and the photos, take care, Kate x