Wednesday 19 January 2022

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 659

Hello Everyone

I hope you are all keeping well and finding time to craft. Of course, I'm here for Julia's WOYWW over on the Stamping Ground. I would have been there last week, was intending to, but that's not how things turned out. 
Unfortunately, I wasn't very well and, so, this was my desk a week ago. However, I'm absolutely fine this week, back to normal and even managed to get some scrapping done. Such small successes are worth celebrating!
Back to my workdesk and this is how it looks this morning. I cut into these lovely new papers (from my January kit from Mind The Scrap) to make a page yesterday. I did have to search for the circle cutter - that's the problem with decluttering, reorganising and tidying stuff away ... where stuff is stashed is easily forgotten! The little bottle of yellow watercolour was used to create spatters - spatters are so good at breaking up too much white space. But now it's done with and it all has to be tidied away again. 

New Stash:
Over the last couple of weeks I've been keeping my postie busy. Not my fault really, honest! Generous gifts of  birthday and Christmas money are to blame. The only advantage I can think of to having a birthday late in the year is that I get to have an almighty spending splash just when the days are short and the weather grim.  
Being an insatiable bookworm, there was no way I could resist Photoplay's Notting Hill Book Store, by Becky Moore, paper pack. Sadly Hugh Grant isn't included. Sigh. The coloured card packs are there to replace dwindling stocks.
After all the winter pages made last month, I've run out of seasonal patterned paper so this Winter Market collection from Carta Bella was another essential purchase. I've discovered that I particularly like layouts made in shades of blue. The intention is to continue scrapping photos from winters past occasionally throughout the year, if only to pare away at what is an enormous stack of photos still waiting to be scrapped.
And, of course, this month's kit from Mind The Scrap. I should say kits because my subscription includes the mixed media kit with the paper pack. MTS kit subscriptions and birthday/Christmas gift splurges notwithstanding, I'm still on a (probably lifelong) spending freeze. It would be wrong of me to do otherwise given the amount of patterned paper I have amassed - but there's still a few exceptions, essentials such as adhesives, plain white/black/coloured cardstock, etc. - the stuff without which no scrap pages could be made. 

The kitten bit:
Not the best shot but I thought you'd like to see Silver, our nature watcher, enjoying WinterWatch with Alan. She was totally into watching the skeins of geese fly past. 

The book bit:
I first read Jane Austen's 'Emma' when I was a teenager, some sixty years ago! And since then, when asked, I've always said it is my favourite Austen and Emma Woodhouse my favourite character. However, it's come to my notice that not all readers agree with me. Even Ms Austen said of Emma that she was 'going to make a heroine whom no one but myself will much like.'  Puzzled, and having no memory as  to why I enjoyed the book as much as I clearly did then, I downloaded an unabridged audiobook to listen to. And I'm so glad I did. I enjoyed the book as much again. Emma is, indeed, a vain, snobbish, selfish and meddlesome young woman, intent on not marrying herself but equally intent, rightly or wrongly, in matchmaking others. Mostly wrongly as it turns out. She's quite the antihero, and I'm a sucker for an antihero, especially one that finally sees the error of her ways. 

The funnies bit:
Ouch!

For all of you who have resolved to get fitter this year :) 

Silver has taken to guarding the bathroom door!

That's me done for today and so late again too. Life just gets in the way - I'd bore you with a list of interruptions but that would only make me even later.  

I hope you've had a wonderful WOYWW and that you will have a fabulous week ahead.

Take care and stay safe.

6 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, those papers are fab, I love the selection you’ve got…I’m a sucker for blues as well and naturally gravitate towards them. You’ll have such a lot of fun doing your LOs. The pic of Alan and Silver watching the telly made me hoot! Our cat Arthur used to chase the downhill skiers on Ski Sunday, lol!!
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

Annie said...

So glad you’re feeling better now. I love your new stash and just know you will be putting it all to good use very soon. Lovely to see the two loves of your life enjoying a bit of telly.
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Sandra H said...

So glad to read your feeling much better gorgeous looking stash can’t wait to see what you make with it x

Helen said...

what fabulous paper packs, of course you had to... my new goodies I mentioned on today's post arrived today so hoping to have a play soon. Have a good week Helen #13

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, our furry friends do not like being stopped from sharing time with us even when you're in the bathroom. We used to have a Bearded Collie that learned how to open doors and I can tell you we did not encourage it. The first time he did it he was in the hall and we were watching TV then the door handle started to move and then the door opened and I can tell you I thought someone had got in the house. It took a while but we managed to see him one day and he would rest against the wall and then push the handle gently with his foot until the door opened. He was a very clever sheep dog. I absolutely love you pin cushion. Loving your new papers and pleased you're feeling better. Have a happy woyww, Angela x1x

Sarah Brennan said...

Gorgeous papers Elizabeth - no wonder they were difficult to resist. That pin cushion is hilarious. Meow to Silver. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4