Thursday 6 January 2022

December Scrapbook Layouts Nos. 16, 17 & 18

Hello Everyone,

From a wet and windy corner of Scotland today. I trust you are in a place where the weather is better. It's Thursday and that seams as good a day as any to share a few more of the pages I've been making for my Winter Album 2021. 

Joy

This photo of me and my two youngest grandchildren was taken way back in 2007 when they were so little they still believed in Father Christmas. Happy days! The only thing of note on this page is that I managed to extend this 15cm square stencil to look very much longer than it really is. 

Deck the Tree

Another nostalgic look back to a Christmas past with this photo of my granddaughter, Jennifer. The year is 2002, making her about 10 years old, and the occasion was the first Christmas in Scotland for Alan and myself after many years away. I found this dotted acetate, lovely as it is, difficult to incorporate into layouts so was pleased this time to be able to add it to a page. 

Festive Lattes

I don't think it's a secret that I love latte. Anytime, any place, but particularly at Christmas when they are spiced up with festive flavourings. And it's never too hard for me to find photos for a page when called for. I usually forget that I have a beautiful stash of trims but the sketch this layout is based on, which included an item that looked like a circle of ric rac trim, reminded me that I had this sparkly white one. With it's suggestion of snowflakes it was the perfect substitute. 

That's it again for another day. I'm off to the craftroom to tackle yet another December challenge. Still catching up but it doesn't really matter how long it takes as long as my album is complete before it gets filed away on the shelf with the others.

Take care everyone and stay safe. 

3 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous pages Elizabeth, such lovely papers and layouts. A lovely way to keep your memories, Kate x

Sandra H said...

Happy new year.... not much different here wet and windy also very cold l like your pagesElizabeth they have warned the cockles of my heart enjoy your day xx

Rita said...

Fabulous pages my friend. One day I hope to do a Scrapbook page. Hugs Rita xx