Wednesday 5 January 2022

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 657

Hello Everyone

Oh dear, I've only just realised it's Wednesday. The holidays have knocked me out of kilter and I'm feeling quite discombobulated! Hopefully, joining in with WOYWW over on Julia's blog, the Stamping Ground, will bring me up-to-date.

The desk bit:

On my desk today it my Cats, Dogs & Other Animals album, a partially done page featuring Silver, of course, scraps of paper, enamel dots, flairs and a pack of pet related ephemeral. There's also my tiny Sapphire die-cutting machine ready and waiting to be used. I might cut a paw or two for this page - and then again, I might not. Up on the back left is a bowl of essential tools - the sort of tools I could not live without. The bowl has also been known to serve as a large circle template when needed. 

The kitten bit:
Silver's napping. She's had a busy day up to now. She's either been out checking that all is well in the grounds of Casa Worthington or getting under my feet ... not for nothing do I call her my little silver shadow. 

The book bit:
I've decided to bring back this entry on Wednesdays. I know some of you are interested in what books I'm listening to/or even reading. It's also a way of me keeping a book tally over the year. 
James Rebanks's 'English Pastoral: An Inheritance'. I'm really pleased that this is the first one of 2022. You may have noticed from topics I have photographed/scrapped/written about on this blog that I have a particular interest in nature and the countryside. This may be because, for a few short years, I spent an idyllic childhood growing up in the country with nothing but the woods and fields surrounding where we lived. There's something special about having the country as a playground but for James Rebanks it's a way of making a living, and not at all an easy one, especially today. He mixes memories from his childhood of his grandfather’s old farming methods, growing up on his father’s farm in a time of change and finally his experiences when he runs the farm himself. The men and women who had lived and worked on the land had vanished from the fields; the old stone barns had crumbled through neglect; the skies had emptied of the birds he/we remember from our childhood. His intense passion for his land is beautifully expressed and he is an eloquent and persuasive advocate of a more sustainable way of farming. Also by the author is 'The Shepherds Life: A Tale of the Lake District,.

And now the funnies:


That last one pretty well sums up life with Silver the kitten. 

That's me done for today and so late too. Next week I should be more day aware. 

I hope you've had a wonderful WOYWW and that you will have a fabulous week ahead. 

Take care and stay safe. 

12 comments:

Annie said...

I’ve really struggled with what day of the week it is too....so much so that on several of my messages to my customers I have said I reopen on Wednesday 6th!! No wonder I’ve had no customers today...but I’m not complaining. I’d like to feel a little better first.
Hugs,
Annie x #16

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Good to see you, the papers etc in the first pic look really lovely, you must have lots of pics of Silver by now! I’m pleased you’ve brought back the book review because I enjoyed your recommendations very much. The funnies made me laugh too, especially the blood letting one….been there, got the scratches 😁
Happy 2022, may it be full of fun and crafting!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Happy New Year, Elizabeth. My word - little Silver keeps you on your toes! Going to be a great page detailing her exploits!! Looks like a good book - not one I have come across yet... but there's time.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #14

Helen said...

whilst I was off work over Christmas i didn't have a clue what day it was... and going back to work on a Tuesday not Monday hasn't helped this week either!! I am glad you're going to bring back the books thing - I always enjoyed seeing what you'd been reading. Take care and Happy New Year. Helen #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

A bit late tonight but always try to get round everyone if possible so I'm here to wish you Happy New Year. Your kitty looks very comfy. Have a lovely woyww and a great week. Hugs, Angela x20x

Sarah Brennan said...

I know what you mean about getting the days straight over the holidays Elizabeth. Love the album cover and I am sure it won't take too long to fill with such cute photos of Silver. Happy New Year, stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #12

Anne said...

Hello Elizabeth. I am still struggling to work out what day it is 😀
I like the look of those papers and look forward to seeing the completed page. Silver is very cute. Book Reviews are always welcome. The funnies made me smile. Take care Anne x 7

Neet said...

I too am a bit discombobulated regarding what day and time it is. I only know by looking at the clock that it is almost tea time and not bedtime when it gets so dark these days.
Love your little die machine and the scrapping looks rather nice too. Mmm... I wonder who spurred you on to feature cats?
I think that little furry bundle has stolen your hearts.
Happy New Year, Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Lateness doesn’t really exist at WOYWW, as you can see, it takes me more than a day to get through the link list! I love the idea that posting to WOYWW might re-set the combobulations, but I fear it won’t, after all, it could turn out that Wednesday becomes your new Monday and then where would we be! I know you tell the tale of a kitten who gets under your feet and up the tree, but look at her, butter wouldn’t melt….she’s so lovely. I haven’t made up a scrapbook page since October for goodness sake…I’ve got time, I’m just not using it well. I would like to try some of the Scrap Backwards, such a good idea. Happy to see your reading feature has returned..I’ve read or listened to a couple or more of your reads. I’m as fascinated by what others are reading as I am by their desks! So, nosey then, in plain English!!

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy Belated WOYWW and Happy New Year. I started a pet scrapbook several years ago - and not touched it since. I don’t put any pressure on myself with craft projects any more, but I would definitely like to get back to it this year. Milky the Cat rules our household - she has gone off to sleep for the morning, so I will have some time to myself until about 2 pm when she demands a late lunch! Ali x. #27

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi Elizabeth. I do hope Silver hasn’t been breaking any of your ornaments. It’s funny in a cartoon, not so funny when they are your precious items. I sometimes wish I could have a kitten, goodness knows what the dogs would think! Wishing you a happy New Year Angela #1

Spyder said...

The days of the week come as...tues wed...sat...wed...sun. wed...thurs..fri mon, wed.. and so on sometimes there's a Saturday in there too! I'm house sitting dogs for a while so happy new year and a very happy very late woyww too, stay safe ((Lyn)) #9