Thursday 13 January 2022

Christmas Card Club Challenge - Cards 1-3/2022 - Black & Gold

Hello Everyone,

Happy New Year to all the Christmas Card Club members. I hope I find you well. I've been poorly, nothing very dramatic, but I woke up feeling better today. Well enough, in fact, to spend the afternoon making cards for the first Christmas Card Club Challenge of the year. Black and gold is Kate's challenge and I really enjoyed searching through my boxes of scraps and dies to make the following three three cards. 



The background on the first card is one of my experiments with the gelli plate and a chevron patterned stencil on a scrap piece of white card. I don't know why I kept it because I wasn't altogether happy with the result then but I'm glad I did now. 

The other two cards have embossed gold card backgrounds. It's been a while, a couple of years actually, but whenever I got a new folder I'd always try them out on some bits from my leftover box. That box can come in very handy for cardmaking.

The greetings in the first and second cards are actually gold peel-offs on black card. 

Stencil, Embossing Folders and Dies used:

Chevrons stencil - Creative Expressions That Special Touch

Kassie's Brocade folder - Cuttlebug

Sun Rays folder - Craft Concepts

Poinsettia - Spellbinders

Trailing Ivy & Rectangle die set - sources forgotten

Merry Christmas Wreath - Sara Davies Signature Collection

That's it for today - it's my bedtime. I hope you will pop over to see what my teammates have created this week. You'll find a list of their names and links on my right sidebar - as always they are so much more creative than I will ever be

6 comments:

dutchess said...

Three stunning cards Elizabeth…loving the embossing folders ….
So glad you felt well enough to craft let’s hope that this year is a better one…take care xxx

Sandra H said...

Beautiful selection of cards Elizabeth xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A superb set of gold and black themed cards for the challenge this time Elizabeth. Glad to hear that you are feeling better too.
Lorraine

Gibmiss said...

Hi Elizabeth
Three stunning cards ….all beautiful…..
Hope you are well…
Hugs Sylvie xx

cuilliesocks said...

Oh my Elizabeth what stunning cards, your designs are wonderful, all of them so elegant. Glad you enjoyed the challenge, and that you felt better in order to create them, take care, Kate x

rachel said...

These are all stunning - love them Elizabeth - a really good start! Hugs Rachel xx