Wednesday 23 September 2020

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 590

 Afternoon Everyone

It was too much to hope that, after last week's unexpectedly early post, I'd make an equally early appearance this week. No excuses beyond the usual one of life getting in the way. And that life has not been made any better by the latest pandemic restrictions here in the UK. Sigh. I can't help thinking that we WOYWWers are luckier than many, we have our workdesks, and we have the weekly opportunity to keep in touch through Julia's weekly get together on the Stamping Ground. Our long distance camaraderie will help us through, I'm sure.

Spot the difference! I've had a major clean up and so much tidiness is good for this old soul. I'd say that I will keep my desk this clear but I think that would be too optimistic. Much too optimistic. Papercrafting tends to be a messy business, don't you think? That's another of my homemade scrap kits in the poly bag. This one is predominately blue in content with a little bit of black and white for contrast - much of it made up of scraps. Using up paper scraps could be said to be my current raison d'etre!

Warning: this is the enabling me now. On the left of the desk, just above the handy wee pack of heart shaped puffy stickers, is this pack of Heidi Swapp Color Magic Notes 18. The notes are white with an embossed design which is, when spritzed with a coloured ink like the Ocean blue Color Shine I used here, revealed. I wasn't sure how useful I'd find the notes but they've won me over ... I like that I can spray them any colour I need for a layout. . 

That's all from me this week except a for a few images that I thought you might appreciate this week.

First up, one for the sewers among us. 

Next, some naughty humour:


And finally ... 

Isn't that the truth!

16 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Ellie. It's so good to see you even if you're a little later in the day than you hoped. We are here all day every day...as you know :-) Love the clean and tidy workspace but you know it won't last so just get back there and make it messy :-) Love the funnies...I keep sewing.
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Twiglet said...

Hi Ellie - good to see you and I hope life is getting better for you and A. I loved the funnies - especially the pea pods! Your little work space looks spotless so enjoy getting messy and making something lovely!! xx Jo

Caro said...

Loving the clean and tidy workspace. The funnies made me smile. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love and God Bless, Caro xxx (#11)

Felicia said...

I LOVE Hiedi Swapp products! I have quite a few in my stash! I haven't tried these, but looks like you are off to a good start!! I LOVE LOVE your toonies!! I nice chuckle for me today! Blessings, Felicia #25

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Nice and tidy, your so good. Loving the idea of a colour co-ordinated scarp file saves so much time when it's already sorted. That blue spray looks a delight shade. Happy WoywW stay safe Tracey #5
P.S Great funny's x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth, that sounds like an interesting product! Laughing at your funnies, I actually have that image of two ladies as a rubber stamp! It's so true, our friendship through WOYWW is certainly helping us through this, and of course our messy papercrafting! Stay safe, Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

Helen said...

well I am late visiting due to being at work as usual, so we're quits! love the funnies! Helen #3

glitterandglue said...

Hi Elizabeth. So good to see you here today. Those "and finally" pictures... oh boy - are they good! You can't just read that first one - it just HAS to be sung! Rules or no rules!!! Yes, meeting up on a Wednesday really does give a bit of a point in the week - cos there are no other reference points at the moment, are there? My church got back together again for the first time last Sunday, but can only seat around 30 - our normal congregation can be anything from 40 to 110, so... difficult!
I have to say I am greatly impressed by your desk - If only I could manage it, too!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #6

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, nicely organised desk today. I love your funnies they certainly made me smile. Wishing you a happy and creative woyww, Angela x15x

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Elizabeth, those Heidi Swapp goodies do look useful. Love the funnies at the end too. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Susan Renshaw said...

Very tidy desk!
Your funnies really made me giggle (esp the peas one)!
Happy Woyww! Susan #14

Julia Dunnit said...

Your desk looks great Elizabeth, access to the window sill and all! It’s cumulative though isn’t it, the untidiness until you stop your feet and just give in and get your tidy on again! I know what you mean about scraps...I’m almost at the point of defeat. Which means a good clear up and sort out is on the cards! I like the Heidi Swapp embossed pieces very much, I’ve seen them on her blog etc, but not anywhere where I shop. Probably just as well!!

Karen said...

Hi! I enjoyed your funnies and your clean work space! Enjoy the week ~ love, Karen #28

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Blimey, I thought I'd come to the wrong desk for a minute!! ;-) Only kidding, I know you don't like a huge mess, just like me! I enjoy using up scraps, why is it so much more satisfying than using fresh stash? The feeling of accomplishment that you're not wasting anything perhaps? I HATE wasting fabric as it costs so much in the first place!
Loved the funnies, hope you and EM are keeping safe and well,
HUgs LLJ 8 xxxx

Shoshi said...

Those embossed note cards look intriguing, Elizabeth. Love the "pee'ed" funny at the end lol lol!!! I should send that one to my physio who is helping me with my bladder problems haha!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #12

Marit said...

I love that pad that shows the pattern with the ink, just lovely!! And such a neat desk - enjoy it while it lasts *lol* Thanks for your visit to my blog the other day. Enjoy your weekend and stay safe. Love from Holland, Marit #1