Sunday 4 August 2019

Christmas Card Club - Card 16/2019 - Non-Traditional Colours

Hello and Happy Sunday to you all,

It's another Christmas Card Club Challenge Sunday and it's the turn of Sylvie to set the theme - and it's non-traditional colours.

I had a some fun thinking up what colour combinations I could use and then messing about with spray inks and embossing powders to make these three cards.

Card 1
 Card 2
Card 3
The starting point for all three cards is the Navy Color Shine, from Heidi Swapp. Using the packaging method, I dabbed the colour randomly over three front of white card bases. Once it was dry I splattered a second colour on each - Teal Color Shine on Card 1, Gold on Card 2 and Mister Huey's Plumb Thumb on Card 3.

Each card was given a topper stamped with a greeting from a very old Docrafts stamp set, Penelope & Percy Christmas Greetings, and embossed with a coordinating powder, Moxy's Opaque Wave, Heat It Up!'s Crimson Red and Gold. I also embossed around the edge of each topper - easily done using a VersaMark pen and a ruler to draw a narrow line around the edge, dipping one side at a time into embossing powder and heat embossing. Tweezers are very useful for this process - prevents fingers being burned!

To finish, I had a good search in my stash and found matching embellishments for each card.

That's it for CCC today but I hope you will pop over to see what my teammates have created for Sylvie's theme today - you'll find a list of their names and links on my right sidebar - as always they are so much more creative than me.

11 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Elizabeth
Lovely selection of cards... gorgeous colours....
Hugs Sylvie xx

Sandra H said...

Wow Elizabeth your cards are amazing l love the backgrounds and of course your Christmas stamp sentiment x

dutchess said...

You have been having fun with your sprays...they are fabulous cards Elizabeth...great sentiments as a focal point xxxx

gwen70 said...

Gorgeous cards love the sprays you have used

cuilliesocks said...

Three beautiful cards Margaret, I love your designs and the colours you've chosen, simple but so effective, Kate x

Zoe Tant said...

These are very effective Elizabeth. Like your colour combos and different sentiments. They look nice quick and easy cards, but wow effect. TFS. Zoe x

Mrs A. said...

Three totally different colourways and each as gorgeous as the last. Hugs Mrs A.

rachel said...

Excellent makes - I love these and they look so different in the different colours! Wonderful! Hugs rachel xx

Rita said...

Morning Elizabeth. Love your three cards made for Sylvies challenge. Really effective too. Terrible weather, after some really hot days. Have a Good Week. Hugs Rita xxxx

Christine Harrop said...

Lovely trio of cards for Sylvie's challenge. Nice to see your collection growing isn't it? I have had family visiting all week but I finally got my cards made and published this morning. Christine xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love a large sentiment stamp and this one is fab. Three great cards using your sprays and looking so different with just the change in colour of the sentiment stamp.
Lorraine