Wednesday 18 October 2017

WOYWW Week 437

I need a longer week! There is simply not enough time from one Wednesday to the other for all the stuff I have to do and all the stuff I want to do. That said I wouldn't want to miss joining in with Julia's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday ... I love seeing what fellow crafter's are, or are not, working on every week.
This week it's a desk of two halves for me. On the left half I'm trying to make cards ... well, I have some supplies out with every good intention of catching up on Christmas card making. I'm so far behind it's a disgrace. If I don't get a move on I'll be forced to BUY them and that just would not do! That's my new 'smarter-than-me' smartphone in the blue case - getting to know all it's ins and outs is taking time - too much time.
There are a couple of sewing projects on the right half of my desk. I've been making little dog blankets out of a fleecy blanket using an old curtain to line them. Molly, the puppy, has been keeping me very busy indeed. The little pink toy, though much loved, has been treated so roughly an amputation has been called for. Sadly, I can't do anything for it's missing tail.
Here's Molly abusing a the bag for life we keep her toys in. Just like a toddler she prefers the bag to the toys.
Except for when she's snoozing she rarely keeps still long enough to get a good photo. I keep hoping to get one good enough to add to the sidebar but so far there's not been one, despite my attempts to bribe her with treats.

Happy WOYWW and have a wonderful week.

15 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth,Molly does look so sweet. I have had cats that love playing in carrier bags, aren't they just crazy?Loving the card making pieces too. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #1 XxXx

Dorlene Durham said...

Oh my gosh, the puppy is adorable. It's amazing how much energy they have. Have fun with your sewing and card projects. Dorlene #29

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Good luck with crafting with Molly around!! She's such a lovely little dog, I think you're going to have a lot of fun with her :-D The fabri for the doggy blankets is really cute and the amputation made me laugh (sorry!)
Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

lisa said...

Everyone seems to be making Christmas cards this week, I think I need to get my skates on. Love Molly, she's gorgeous. I think all animals prefer the boxes and bags to the toys, our cats certainly do.
Hugs Lisax #16

Barb said...

Like you Elizabeth there aren't enough hours in the day to do everything I want to. Molly is absolutely adorable. I bet she's keeping you busy. Barbxx

Plush Possum Studio said...

can't type much - eye problems. Cute puppy!
Rose #31

Helen said...

well at least you've started! Every year I leave it late and say, I'm going to buy them... but I have all these stamps and .... so they will get done eventually! Once I finally get going I enjoy it. Helen #3

Julia Dunnit said...

gosh how Molly grows! I'm with y ou about the shortness of the week, and I dont have a puppy to soak up the time, so you're doubly busy! Don't panic about the Christmas cards....there will be time and they will be done....there's nothing like a deadline!!!

Rita said...

Molly looks gorgeous. Charity shops are a great source for soft toys too Elizabeth. Rita xx

Annie said...

Hehe I’m chuckling at the antics of your new little family member Ellie. I think Millie is now on the fourth cover for her ‘little brown dog’ toy that’s now blue and that was after night after night of repairing the holes. Tails and ears are no more but she still loves it to bits so I will keep replacing the covers for as long as I can.
Give Molly cuddles from me.....and have one yourself.
Annie x #9

Tracey said...

Fab photos Elizabeth & Molly is so cute :o)
Hugs
Tracey x
#20

Anne said...

She is so sweet and yes re bags to toys being preferred by pets and children lol remember my two doing it. You are doing much better than I am re making cards for Christmas, I can see me buying some :-( Anne x #13

Christine said...

how sweet is Molly! I guess she's keeping you on your toes. I hope you haven't been to badly affected by the storms last week.
Christine #17

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Molly is so cute. I often think buying toys for dogs is a waste of time when they have so much more fun with an old bag lol! We have one toy however that Maisie and Stan go back to again and again, my American cousin brought it with her when she visited and the dogs love it. It makes a crinkly sound when they mouth it just like a plastic carrier bag funnily enough. Happy belated woyww, Angela x10x

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Elizabeth, I've only made 2 Christmas cards yet, so I wouldn't get too disheartened. Molly is such a cutie! Good luck with getting a decent photo of her. Sarah #24