Wednesday 4 October 2017

WOYWW Week 435

My desk today!

What you see on it, that is apart from the permanent residents at the back, is what was the contents of the tote I optimistically, and somewhat naively as it turned out, took down to Wales for the WOYWW Crop. I thought I'd get a few Christmas cards done. I thought six hours is a goodly amount of crafting time - surely! Ha! There was lots of chatting, tea, cake, chatting, tea, lunch, chatting, tea, cake - and precious little crafting going on. And talking about tea, cake and lunch, many thanks to Margaret, Glitter and Glue, for making us so welcome and putting on such a lovely spread - it was all scrumptious and too tempting!

We had a marvellous day at Llandudno, (photos at the end of this post) met up with old friends and made some new ones too. The EM thoroughly enjoyed the day too.
Here's a few of the goodies from the 'Take Me Away' table. Christmas paper and stamps - I couldn't resist!! The cutest Scottie dog key ring was made by Annie (Wipso), the fabulous cat decorated pebble was from Jan (LLJ) and a beautifully covered notebook was my raffle prize (sorry, I never did find out who it was made by but it's fabulous and I love it).
ATCs were exchanged plus a super tag with images of geese on it from Sarah (The Craft Shed). From top left to bottom right are the ATCs from Dolores, Margaret, Christine, Neet, and Anne.
I wasn't being entirely truthful when I said I did no crafting all day. I did, after instruction from Annie, try a bit of 'dumfing' and this it the result ... it's a bit naive but maybe I could improve with practice.

And finally, as promised, here are a few photos taken on the day.
Julia doing her welcome speech - teetering on a chair!
Jan and Julia

Annie showing Jan & Julia how to 'dumf' 

Christine and Sarah on the left and Eva and Anne on the right

Julia's mum's stamps on the 'Take Me Away' table on the left
 and the superb lunch supplied by Margaret on the right


WOYWWers busy crafting/chatting in the hall


Julia and me enjoying a wee chat

As seen on many a WOYWWer's blog this week,
 the group photo for WOYWW Crop 2017.
A lengthy post this week but that was to be expected after the crop. Many thanks to everyone - it was a wonderful day. Would love to do it all over again.

Like Julia, my desk has post crop blues and it would seem I left my mojo down in Wales. If spotted, kindly return it to Scotland - I need it back here 'toot sweet'!

In the meantime, I wish you all a a wonderful WOYWW and a great week ahead.

16 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Elizabeth, your comments about the optimism when packing your tote made me laugh; my thoughts at the time exactly. The results were about the same too lol. It was great to meet you in person and such a great day. Happy WOYWW Sarah #20

glitterandglue said...

Afternoon Elizabeth. I'm down the church building tomorrow, so will look see if your mojo got packed away with the tables... SO glad you had such a fun time - and the EM too. That's brilliant. I'm ready to do it again, too, as I hope to chat to you some time - just didn't get the opportunity - sorry! It was a fabulous day - and Marian is just thrilled to bits with our gift to PCM. Thanks for coming all that way!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

SusanLotus said...

Looks like you had a great time!
Nice collections of stamps and please
let me taste some cake... ;D Looks yummie.

HAPPY WOYWW,
Sussie nr 26.

Lorraine said...

love the christmas papers and its so nice to craft with friends

Cheetarah said...

Looks like you all had a really wonderful time! Have a wonderful week! xo Cheetarah (via WOYWW)

Annie said...

Oh my dear friend....I can now hear you as well as read you with that lovely Scottish lilt. We seem to have been friends for sooooo many years now and it was so very special to meet you and your lovely hubby in real life....I look forward to doing it again. Didn’t we all have a wonderful time in Wales? .....even if like you I left my mojo there. I think it’s called post crop blues.
Sending you both big hugs and hope your new little friend has moved in with you and we get to see her soon.
Annie x #11

Plush Possum Studio said...

Fun! :)
Happy WOYWW
Rose #28

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What brilliant photos of a wonderful day! The lack of crafting made me laugh - I did two whole rows of crochet, whoopee, lol! The dumfing was great fun, your attempt is much much better than mine! I'm so pleased you got that tartan doggy keyring, just perfect for you! Glad EM enjoyed the day too - I think all the blokes had a good chat too!
Hugs LLJ 12 xxx

Helen said...

Just grand photos! love that you all had a go at the dumfing.. I always take far far too much as well, loads more than you took! Helen #1

Julia Dunnit said...

I think the boys managed to get the most out their day too, they were wonderful weren't they, to chat and wait for us! So good to see you both, looking well. I know we had a long wee chat, but it was necessary!! Feel a bit relieved that I wasn't alone in not getting much done, but the unpacking is a bit of a chore isn't it!

Lindart said...

Looks like a fab time had by all - I'm not surprised you didn't get a lot done. BTW, what does "the EM" mean? Thanks for sharing, have a great week! Lindart #32

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased you had a good time, the little scottie is gorgeous. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x11x

Hos Egebjerg said...

It's always nice to share interest with others. Being with others means very much and after what you have written you had a great time together. The pictures show that you had fun Hugs Leila

Tracey said...

Gorgeous photos Elizabeth & I love that scotty dog keyring :o)
Hugs
Tracey xx
#21

Andrea said...

hi, Elizabeth sounds like everyone had the same sort of great day together ...and such lovely goodies all swapped isn't it fab when different talent get together.. your go at felting looks fab and fun ..pics are great it good to put faces to names ... maybe one day I will make it to a crop. .have a good weekend Andrea #6

Kelly said...

What a fun day! And you brought home new goodies to play with! Creative Blessings! Kelly #24