Friday 6 October 2017

Friday Smiles

Friday's a happy day. It's where the weekend starts and where, for many, the working week ends and, happiest of all, it's the day we exchange smiles with Annie at A Stitch In Time who always seems to have plenty to smile about.

Last Saturday we had a wonderful smiley time at the WOYWW crop - see Wednesday's post for all the pics - but all good things have to end sometime and so it did for us. We took the slow road home, quite literally as our SatNav only wanted to take us through Liverpool so we had to turn back towards Chester to reach the M6, taking two days to get here. And sad though it was to leave all my lovely friends, old and new, in Wales it was good to be going home too. It's great to go away, but it's just as nice to come home again. Here's some photos showing the stand out points in our homeward trip.
The sight of this mountain always signals that we're nearing the Lake District. It was a damp day but it still looked good to me.


Then we drove through this gorgeous rainbow! It was just the most delightful welcome to the North of England and cheered me up immensely.
We kept hitting rain and it was blowing a gale by the time we reached The Shap Summit, signalling that we were now pretty high. Though, as we were on the northbound side of the motorway, not quite as high as we would be were we southbound. For some reason the road is split there and the southbound road is definitely higher at that point.

Soon we were past Carlisle and this very welcome signpost appeared - we were back in the old country and almost home.
Finally, not the best photo ever, but I thought you might like to see our hitchhiker. This little guy hitched a lift with us all the way from Wales. Hope he is enjoying his sojourn in Bonnie Scotland.

Now for this week's funnies. I thought the first was appropriate as I'm making ratatouille today,
And this last because, after last weekend's day of sheer indulgence (check out the pic of table just groaning with goodies in Wednesday's post to see what I'm talking about) I'm on a diet and it's testing my culinary skills somewhat.

So that's some of what made me smile this week. Hope you've found lots to make you happy too.

Have a wonderful weekend.

4 comments:

Annie said...

The last funny really had me chuckling cos we have spent the week using up food and making meals from what was left so our fridge is just about empty all ready for our adventures and week of memory making to celebrate my BIG birthday at the end of the month. I will probably be missing next week so will catch up with you in a fortnight . Enjoy your time settling in your new little friend this week and give her a cuddle from me.
Hugs,
Annie x

Rosie said...

Hello Elizabeth, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I remember driving up to Scotland that way a few years ago, making a diversion to Shap Abbey along the way:)

Twiglet said...

Hope that little spider had packed his kilt!! Lovely rainbow pics. xx Jo

Lisca said...

I'm glad you had such a great time in Llandudno. Thank you for sharing the photos. I smiled a the fact that there was not much crafting going on.
I love all the bits and pieces you were able to take home with you. Especially the Little scottie dog.
You certainly came a long way, all the way from Scotland! Well done you.
I hope to be able to come next year. It's good there wasn't much crafting going on as I won't be able to bring much supplies. It will be great just to meet everyone. I haven't participated in WOYWW for ages as I have had no desk to speak of. We are having more guests staying this month but in November the room will be a craft room again, and I hope to do some scrapbooking. I have ordered 100 prints of all the photos I mean to scrap, so I can't chicken out now.
Have a great weeken and a good week ahead, with lots of smiles.
Hugs,
Lisca