Wednesday 26 July 2017

WOYWW 425

Afternoon Deskers and All

It's a miserable rainy day and I'm not revealing my desk today because there's nothing going on there - not a thing! It's been one of those weeks - events conspired against me so that I've had precious little time to breathe let alone craft. I could give you a breakdown of my chaotic week but I'll spare you - instead, I thought I'd just share a few completed projects.
First up is the card I made for the UKPC Challenge for July with the theme and method I described an earlier post - click this link to see it. The base of the topper started off like this:
It's a lovely effect.

Next I have two layouts to share.
I've used a real mix of papers and embellishments, all old. There's papers from Echo Park, Websters Pages, Simple Stories, My Mind's Eye and Carta Bella and the dates range from 2011 to 2014. You can tell from that why I'm not in the market for paper for the foreseeable future - too much fabulous stash to use up. When this layout was completed there was still a lot of scraps to play with so I made this next layout too.
I tried some mixed media, gesso and ink sprays, on the white base and consequently the card has warped a little. Even backing it with the dark green card didn't help entirely. It will flatten out once it is in an album. Needless to say, it only used a fraction of the scraps but inspiration ran out so they are now packed away in the scrap box where they will stay until either inspiration hits me or they are gifted to a worthy cause.

Finally a fun photo from Monday.
It was a glorious day and this is my daughter and I having lunch in the sun. We don't get a lot of opportunities like this so we made the most of it. I've just noticed that rusty shovel!

That's it for this week. Not much and I hope you're not too disappointed there's no desk shot. Hopefully things will be much more like normal next week and the desk will once again feature for Julia's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday over at the Stamping Ground.

In the meantime, I wish you all a wonderful WOYWW and a great week ahead.

14 comments:

Annie said...

Happy Wednesday to you. I've finished my mornings sewing so am having a lunch break and catch-up with a few more blogs.
I love your card Ellie...such gorgeous colours. No desk to share?... that's fine with me if you have been having special time in the sunshine.😀
Hugs,
Annie x #12

Lynsey said...

Hi Elizabeth, It is a dreich rotten day in Edinburgh too... where has the summer gone? I love your projects, the scrapbook pages look so good! Thanks for sharing your photos. Lyns xx #20

Valerija said...

A beautifull card Elizabeth, and I adore your layouts.
Valerija xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Love that vibrant, strong background! My immediate thought was: alcohol inks! Fun layouts and I really like the photo with your daughter in the garden! Hope your life will calm down - I don't do hectic very well myself! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #26

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth, I saw that lovely pic of you & your daughter, it looked glorious there. Love the projects you showed us too. Was that alcohol ink on Yupo? Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 XxX

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lovely pic of you and your girl - I hadn't noticed the shovel until you pointed it out! That background is gorgeous, it reminds me of batik fabric and is just the sort of thing I'd go for. Hope your crazy busy week hasn't been too stressful, my life seems to be permanently like that at the moment, I don't mean it to, things just happen!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Helen said...

what a great post - love the pic - yes the book arrived safely thank you (I should have mentioned it in my post, how remiss of me! It's because it's moved to the bedside table to be read soon!) and I know I am going to enjoy it. Helen #1

Jan said...

Great space and thanks for sharing xx Jan (36)

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the alcohol ink background on that card. Hope you get a chance to craft this week and that things aren't so chaotic. Sarah #23

Plush Possum Studio said...

I like your rusty shovel - it's begging to be turned into art of some kind! I like your experiment with alcohol markers. Very pretty. the resulting card is a delight!
Happy WOYWW!
Rose #35

Hazel said...

Lovely photo of you with your daughter. And such gorgeous crafting. Thanks for sharing - Hazel, #25 x

Julia Dunnit said...

In a garden, against a lovely old wall, a rusty shovel is a lovely embellishment! I love that picture and I couldn't agree more...make the most!
I love that you're ferreting through scraps to come up with such lovely pages. I hope the next week is less chaotic Missus!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm having to take my time getting round this week due to a bad head cold but I'll get there. Gorgeous card, fabulous colours. Lunch in the sun, perfect! Happy belated woyww, Angela x19x

Twiglet said...

Just a late flying visit - I love that photo of you enjoying time with your daughter - so special aren't they! xx Jo