Wednesday 7 June 2017

WOYWW - Week 418

Hello Everyone,


Where has the week gone??? ... I swear I missed several days this week. Wednesday has come round sooner than expected, again! Many thanks to everyone who wished me well after my falling out of bed injury. Happily, I'm a whole lot better this week but it does feel as though I've lost a few days somewhere. In fact, I've only just remembered that it's Wednesday and, furthermore, it's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday.  So, here I am, late again, and here's my desk.
Not particularly exciting. Although there has been much progress in the craft room sort out there's still a way to go before I'll be able to call it done. So this is a pile of stickers that I found mixed in with alphabet sets, and therefore forgotten. They await my attention.
On the other desk there's some fabric. I'm planning to make a couple of dust covers for some kitchen equipment. All part of the war of attrition waged against dust on a daily basis. So far, I'm the loser!
Some happy mail that arrived yesterday. I spotted the Altenew stamp set on a YouTube video and just had to have it. Sorry, I can't remember whose video - painkillers numbed the senses, though not enough to prevent me searching for a supplier and ordering ... proving there's no keeping a dedicated crafter down.  All the sentiments are craft related so I think this may prove to be one of my most useful sets ever.
Here's a quick pic of the ATCs I made for the recent swap. Only eight - but that's eight more than I made last year so I'm happy and who knows how many I'll manage for W9OYWW.
And finally, a shot of the view from my window today. Love it!

That's it for me this week. Not a lot to show really but that's down to the ongoing craft room sort out. It will end soon. It has too. We are off on holiday soon and I do not want to return to any more sorting.  And because of the holiday, I won't be participating over the next couple of weeks - we're off to the Highlands. It's our first long holiday for more than three years and I'm really looking forward to it.

Have a lovely WOYWW, what's left of it, and a great week ahead.

22 comments:

Annie said...

I really love my ATC Ellie and feel really honoured to be one of the 8 ....thank you so much. I'm pleased to hear you're feeling better now and are off for a holiday soon. Lots of chill out time is on order.
Hugs,
Annie x #12

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope you finish the sort out soon. It took me weeks to sort all my embellishment boxes into themes, but boy does it make a difference when you're looking for stuff. Enjoy your well earned holiday. Sarah #8

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth, glad you're feeling better. Lovely ATC's, thank you for swapping. Is that a black Elder in the bottom pic? We have one in our garden, usually does really well, but yesterday we had some intense high winds, and almost every branch has been snapped! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

Bubbles said...

Have an amazing holiday - take lots of piccies for us and return with some great inspiration :)
Have a great Wednes-YAY!

Bubbles #36
http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/woyww-418.html

Stacy Sheldon said...

oh YAY have a great trip! :) your garden looks so peaceful. I am mostly dreading the sorting of purging and putting things away as my tastes have changed over the years. So, I think that is a great goal to have it all dealt with before you leave. Thanks for the earlier visit, ~Stacy #40

Monica said...

Hope each day lessens the pain. So far the bed is about the only thing I have not fallen off!. All part of my aging process. Those Atcs were very pretty. Hope your week continues to bring you success.
monica #38.

Helen said...

Not a lot to show? it looks good to me! Glad you are recovering from your tumble. (sorry, but it still makes me chuckle..) Helen #1

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. Gorgeous ATCs - and how clever of you to make 8 of them. Enjoy your holiday. Ali x #29

Julia Dunnit said...

Your garden is bursting with pretty now, ho lovely, bet you smile each time you look out of the window now. Thats assuming you can straighten up and look - so sorry that youre still on meds and sore. It's shock too, I find, its exhausting. Oh to be agile and bendy again!
Love your ATCs, and particularly that it gave you pleasure to get them made!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm not sure where the time goes either! Wednesday seems to come round faster and faster. Love the ATCs. Have a great week and happy woyww. Angela x14x

pearshapedcrafting said...

I'm not taking part today, can't spend too long on the computer as I am recovering from a bout of BPV - getting better all the time though! I love the ATC you sent and hope to show it next week! Things went on hold a bit last week so I will send you something soon! Hugs, Chrisx

April said...

Time flies when you're having fun doesn't it. Great ATC's.
April #32

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lovely ATCS! Thank you for mine which arrived yesterday after I'd posted - I'll share it next week :-D. I hope you get your sorting out done before heading off on holiday, there's nothing worse than coming back to piles of stuff. Thanks for your enquiry about my cat, unfortunately we had a very sad day as we had to have him put to sleep. The vets found a massive tumour in his bowel and couldn't do much about it as he was an elderly moggy. Goodness we were sad and he's left a big hole in our house....
Hugs, LLJ 11 xxx

Sandra H said...

Blink of an eyelid Elizabeth and where has the time gone looks like there are many a project going to be taking place looking at your desk take care x

sandra de said...

Wishing you a wonderful holiday and looking forward to some pics of the highlands. Love the photo from your window. Always lovely to see what new products people are finding and I imagine those sentiments will be well used.
sandra de @31

Lindart said...

Your ATCs are beautiful! And your view as well - I love a bunch of flowering shrubs! have fun on your holidays, I know you deserve some fun! Thanks for your earlier visit, Lindart #41

okienurse said...

great looking desk and window view! I love the new stamp set! I didn't participate in the ATC the past few years so decided to do a few this year myself! Thanks for sharing! Have a great week. Vickie #43

May said...

Love your desk Elizabeth... Glad to hear you are recovering from your wee fall last week... Enjoy every second of your lovely upcoming holiday... Enjoy! May #13

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Elizabeth,

Oh, I'm sorry to hear you've had a hard tumble. I'm glad you are doing better. Painkillers are great but sometimes you do lose a few days here and there.

I've just bought the same stamp set! It's perfect for us crafters. Your progress on your craft room sounds like it's coming along nicely -- I need to get in mine and do the same. I still haven't unpacked from my move back in November!!

Take care of yourself and have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Kay

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I'm late visiting. My internet was down for nearly two days, but I'm back now. I decided to sort one or two drawers, shelves a week, so I don't get overwhelmed. Looks like you are getting yours done in much better time. Have a lovely holiday and take lots of photos so we can share your trip with you. Happy belated WOYWW from #5.

Katie @ Arnold's Attic said...

Fabulous post,
Sorry for the delay in commenting, laptop trouble. It's died on me and I'm in a bit of a flap.
On a positive note, my Dear Husband plans to buy a replacement for me.
Katie #33

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy x