Sunday 18 June 2017

Sunday Snippets - Thanks So Very Much

Hello Everyone,

I may be away on holiday but I thought I'd surprise you by scheduling a post to share this card with you.

It's another one featuring a Brushos background and everything apart from the card base is made from snippets.

How it was made:

  • the card base was made by cutting white cardstock to measure 5" wide by 11¾" and folded in half to create a tent shape.
  • a snippet of white card measuring approximately 3½" x 4" (sorry, I forgot to measure it accurately) to create the topper. It was spritzed with water, dusted with two shades of Brusho, Yellow first, then Leaf Green, spritzed again and then left to dry. Once it was dry it was stamped with Impression Obsession's Cover-a-Card Flourishes background stamp using Versafine Olympia Green ink pad. 
  • a snippet of deep yellow textured cardstock (Papermania) was cut to the same size to make the mat for the topper.
  • the topper was layered on to the yellow card at a jaunty angle.
  • cream coloured twine was rapped around the topper and before tying this into a bow I attached a small green button - both items from old stash.
  • another snippet of white card was stamped with the sentiment from Stampin' Up's Simply Wonderful stamp set, again in Versafine Olympic Green. Using a Woodware's corner rounder, I rounded the corners before adhering it to the topper, just under the green button which I then stuck down with a glue dot just to be sure it all stayed in place. 
  • finally, the topper was adhered to the front of the card using sticky pads to add a bit of dimension.

That's my card for today. I hope you will all have a lovely week while I'm away enjoying beautiful Scottish scenery.

5 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

So pretty I love the colours Love and hugs Carole x

Liz said...

Lovely card, Elizabeth, love the Brusho background. xx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully designed card Elizabeth, I love the colours.
Hope you are having a lovely holiday, Kate x

Megan J said...

Hi Elizabeth, a great idea for using the background stamp to create a stunning focal point on your card, hope you are having a lovely holiday, have a wonderful week... Megan

Tina Z. said...

wow, I love your colours!