Tuesday 22 March 2016

Scrapbook Layout - Like Father, Like Son

Afternoon All,

I trust you are well and enjoying your day. It's a dull one here today. Definitely not a day for the garden! Instead, I'm sharing this layout of my grandson, William, and great-grandson, Callum - photos taken when they were much about the same age - just 26 years apart.
I thought I should record the similarity between them because there was, as is usual in a family, a lot of discussion as to who baby Callum most looked like. Of course, as is the way of babies, he has changed and looks less like his dad now.

I'm still using up as much old stash as I can so on this layout there's a real mix of supplies from American Crafts, Cosmo Cricket, Papermania, Dear Lizzy, Jillibean Soup, Echo Park, Webster's Pages, & Simple Stories on this layout. 

The star patterned sheet is American Crafts Flutterbys Paper Garlands which has been in my stash for at least a couple of years. It is intended that the garland is pulled apart and lengths of it used as embellishment on layouts but I could never bring myself to do that.  However, a chance comment from a fellow blogger, Kelly, when it featured on this recent WOYWW post, made me realise that I didn't need to - I could use it just as it is. 

The layout is based on Sketch 47 from Shimelle's Sketch of the Week series. Sometimes I like to use a sketch just to get me started because they aren't prescriptive in the way a photo of a layout can be. They are also versatile; you can flip them to get quite a different look, which is what I did with this one.

Many thanks to everyone who visits and leaves a comment. My hands are still giving me trouble so apologies for not always responding. It's taken me over an hour to put together this post - you wouldn't believe I once made my living by being something of an expert at speed typing!

Take care and Happy Crafting,

2 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Elizabeth,

There definitely is a resemblance there. How fun to see the photos side by side. Great job in using up your stash.

Hugs,
Kay

Barb said...

Your page is absolutely gorgeous Elizabeth. I can really see the family resemblance. What a lovely idea. Barbxx