As I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches #199, I think it's only right that I submit this card to the challenge.
Hard Rock Cafe in Boston - coincidentally another sketch challenge - which included this Forever Friends topper, paper and greeting in a Kraft Notes Collection kit.
- the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches
- smooth white and kraft cardstock - PaperMill Direct
- Docrafts Forever Friends Kraft Notes kit which includes the decoupage topper, patterned paper and greeting topper
- X-cut oval shaped die
- snippets of American Crafts Dear Lizzy patterned paper (for the banners)
- Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink pad - used to ink most of the edges
- ProMarker, Burnt Sienna - for faux stitching
- ribbon - pink/white polka dot organza, rose pink metallic cord from MeiFlower, metal 'made for you' charm from stash
- Anita's gloss finish
I'm also submitting this card to Pixies Crafty Snippets Playground - Week 74 - where the only challenge from Di is that we use up our snippets, and that we behave ourselves in the playground :)
It's been a day of mixed weather here, this morning it was overcast and quite chilly - I know this because we went down to the big car boot sale and market at the racecourse and I had my hands in my pockets all the time just trying to keep them warm - but then the clouds disappeared this afternoon and the sun came out to play and it has been lovely ever since. Considering it usually rains for a bank holiday, this one is turning out to be a record breaker!
And what did we buy at the market - plants of course! A very pretty red million bells petunia for one of the two ornamental birdcages we have - in the other is a striking yellow and white striped one bought last weekend - and a tray of sweet alyssum to spot around the garden.
My plan for now is to make a start on a scrap page I've been intending to work on for quite a while now ... and I'm hoping to complete it too. Well, as I say, that's the plan ... as my daughter is fond of saying, we'll see :)
Hope your weekend is going as well as ours and that the weather has held up for you too.