I hope you have all been enjoying the same glorious sunshine as we have been here ... it's been an absolutely fabulous all day :)
We took a trip over to Dunelm Mill over in Kilmarnock, in search of fabric to make some cushion covers - an easy project to begin with on my new sewing machine. Returning, we hit traffic queues - everybody seem to heading to Dobbies, the massive garden centre near our house ... the sun comes out and it's time to garden :)
I did take a bit of time out from sewing to make this month's Rudolph Day card.
- white 4.5" square card for base
- scraps of smooth white card for easel and topper
- green mirri card for matting and layering
- stamps from Christmas set from Let's Get Crafting, Issue 26
- Memento Markers - Bamboo Leaves, Lady Bug, Cantaloupe and Rich Cocoa
- Graphic 45 Christmas Emporium patterned paper
- embellishments - Stickles, Xmas Red; Wild Orchid Crafts small Poinsettias; brad - Docrafts, Papermania, A Silent Night
Sarn, over at Stamping For Pleasure, hosts a Rudolph Day challenge every month so this is one for her. If you haven't joined in yet but would like to give it a whirl - you have until the last day of the month to make a start on your Christmas cards. If you start now and join in with one card each month, you will have, at the very least, 7 cards before the big day :)
My plan for the rest of the evening is to get back to
Another episode of Springwatch at Casa Worthington - I've just seen one of our starling fledgings take a dip in our birdbath, he must be feeling the heat too. He clearly loved the experience but then found that he couldn't fly far at all with wet feathers and just made it to the deck railing in time. I'm going to miss them all when they've gone.
Okay, I'm off. Hope your weekend is going well thus far and that tomorrow will be another lovely day.