Friday 7 December 2012

O Christmas Tree - a girlie Christmas card

Hi Everyone,

I've just realised how long it is since I last posted. No excuse ... I've just been soooo busy and time just seems to be running away from me. And, I don't think it's going to get much better over the next couple of weeks ... there seems to be so much to do and a neverending to-do list to work my way through. I didn't even find time to join in with WOYWW this week :(

However, I've just taken a quick hour in the craft space to make this little card. Hazel over at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #101, has asked for a girlie card this week so I found this cute image from LOTV and, after a rummage around in the snippets box, got to work.


Blue ... I rarely use blue in a project, which is probably why this topper from a pack of LOTV Cute Squares, Christmas Girls, was languishing in the box. Luckily, I found a snippet of blue tartan paper leftover, I think, from projects made two years ago, and a short length of ribbon that was just the right shade of blue.


Using a few snippets means I'll be popping over to Di's playground, that's Pixie's Crafty Workshop, and if I can stop drooling over her Black Forest Trifle, I'll submit this to her Crafty Snippet Challenge #49

Materials:
Papermania Just To Say 5"x5" square embossed card base
LOTV Cute Squares, Christmas Girls
Blue Tartan patterned paper and silver mirri card from snippet box
Tim Holtz distress ink, Stormy Sky
Silver glitter glue and Crystal Stickles
Sentiment - Pink Petticoat, Traditional Christmas Greetings
Embellishments - navy satin ribbon, white ribbon, star chipboard shape, diamante gems - from stash

Right, I'd better get back to the craft room while there's a chance. Lots to do and so little time to do it in :)

I hope you are all well and not finding the run-up to the big day too stressful.

Have a lovely weekend everyone, take care, and happy crafting,


9 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image and fab colours.xxx

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Elizabeth and in my favourite colour - blue. Love the tartan backing paper.

Sandra H said...

Hi Elizabeth, Time just flies by without you realising, your card is gorgeous l love the colour and the image so beautifully presented x

Hazel said...

So cute and girlie, Elizabeth - glad you made the deadline for CHNC challenge 101 - hope to see you again soon - new challenge tomorrow morning x

Di said...

Wow, I love this Elizabeth - it all came together so well. And the blues do look just right as well.

Hugs, Di xx

scrappymo! said...

This is gorgeous. Love the tartan wit this gorgeous image.
All the little finishing details make this card so nice.

Jo said...

Gorgeous card, fab image.....love the blues!
Hugs Jo x

coops said...

so gorgeous elizabeth.i love the blue and the image is adorable :D

xx coops xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah there you are. Busy is good, overwhelming isn't, hope it's all working out without too much effort for you both. Love this card, so pretty an image. Love you Christmas blog decor, isn't Leelou a helpful gal?!!