Wednesday 12 December 2012

Christmas Wishes - another Christmas gift tag

Hi Everyone,

It's another cold and frosty day here in Ayr today - and it is treacherous underfoot too. The EM has had to dig out the bag of road salt, from last winter, to de-ice the steps at the front and back of the house. I hope you are enjoying warmer conditions where you are.

Unfortunately, I had to venture out to pick up my new glasses ... I'm now trying to get accustomed to them and find myself testing the lenses out constantly.  However, it's great to not have to take them off when I want to read the small print, which is what I was doing with my old ones :)

I've been making good use of my bun tray full of embellishments and made another gift tag.


Same size label as with the one I posted - scroll down to check it out - but this time no stamping. Instead, I covered the label with a couple of snippets of paper from last year, or perhaps it was the year before! More snippets used up means another trip to Di's and her Pixie's Crafty Snippets #50 this week :)


The topper is matted with a scrap of silver mirri card and then edged with crystal Stickles. I've also emphasised the letter C with the Stickles - you can see the effect more in the first photograph. Just a tiny length of cream lace and lots of  cream button twine have been used as embellishment.

Materials: a manila luggage label from WH Smith; scraps of A Silent Night paper from Papermania; scrap of silver mirri card; topper from Cardmaker's Delights; Crystal Stickles; cream cotton lace, cream button twine and narrow green satin ribbon from stash.

I'm off to do a bit more WOYWW blog-hopping until tea time and after that I plan is to spend an hour or two in the craft room this evening working on a scrap page. 

Thanks for popping in and do take care.

Happy Crafting,


13 comments:

Tracy @ Cardmaker's Delights said...

Another beautiful Christmas tag Elizabeth, I really like the colours! The cream twine and lace are just gorgeuos touches. Hugs, Tracy x

Craftychris said...

Beautiful tag, It would look fab on a card. I haven't managed to do WOYWW today - hopefully next week - in fact I haven't posted for a week. Naughty me! Take care of yourself in the bad weather and enjoy your new glasses xx

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Elizabeth,

Beautiful tag. I love the framing sparkle.

Happy WOYWW
Hugs, Kay
(not participating this week)

Laura said...

Lovely tag - you should enter it at crafty ribbons challenge too!

Sandra H said...

Hi Elizabeth, Your tag is amazing and it would look lovely as a christmas card too as Craftychris suggested xx

Rita said...

What a wonderful tag Elizabeth. I really love the vintage style. I'm keeping much better, but still chasing my tail. Hopefully by next week I can breathe again. Hugs Rita xx

May said...

Gorgeous tag Elizabeth, Beautiful image & design... Love the added lace.. No snow here in Eastbourne as yet just jack frost in the mornings it takes me an age to clear it off the car!! I hope little Bonnie (the boss) is keeping her little paws toastie... Hugs May x x x

Marie-Louise said...

Marvellous tag Elizabeth.

Di said...

Fabulous tag Elizabeth - off to peek at your WOYWW post now :) Hugs, Di xx

Jules said...

Hi Elizabeth

I am so sorry .. .. I am mega behind!!!

How many lovely tags have I missed?!?! They certainly put our weekend efforts to shame LOL!!

Loving that bun tray idea .. .. but don't want to get hubby exciting by getting out whilst he is around. I don't want him to think I am baking!! It isn't Christmas yet!! LOL!!

Hope all your plans are coming together OK and that you are getting used to your new glasses!

Love Jules xx

Mary said...

What a beautiful tag. Great little topper and I really like the bow. Pretty, pretty.

Sarn said...

This one is just delightful. I love how vintage it looks.

Hugs,
Sarn xxx

scrappymo! said...

What a gorgeous tag! It has a bit of a vintage feel with that pretty cream lace combined with the cream twine.

No ice here but a bit of frost early in the mornings.
None today thank goodness, as the Memory Box dies are buy one and get one free at my local scrapbook store. DH is taking me in just after lunch...I have been on line and written down every one that I love. Hopefully they have some of those ones left!!!
It is just to good of a bargain to miss....part of the daily deal for their 12 days of Christmas sale.