Sunday 9 December 2012

Getting in the Mood for Christmas

Hello Everyone,

Brrrrr, but it's cold up here! It had to be done ... so, finally, this morning I hauled out all my winter woolies, scarves, hats and gloves. Then, appropriately dressed, went out to the Christmas markets that were being held today - one in Ayr Central and the other down at the Burns Heritage Centre, Alloway.

First Ayr Central and, much to my surprise and delight, we bumped into this lovely couple ...


... guaranteed to get me into the spirit :))

Ayr was looking very festive.


Loved this very sparkly reindeer.

The EM's favourite coffee shop, Costa, is next door to the market so, of course, we had to stop for a quick one ...


... a skinny latte, my favourite :)

Then on down to Alloway, to Burns Cottage for the craft market ...


... forgot to take any photographs in the market but I did snap this little illustration built into the wall - it depicts the cottage in the background and a young lad, possibly Robert Burns himself, pushing a barrow full of newly dug peats home for the fire.

Finally, the NTS Burns Heritage Centre, to the Farmer's Market. I just had to bring you all this Christmas treat ...


... help yourself, there's more where these came from :))

Next to the cupcakes are packages of Scottish table ... a type of fudge, made with sweetened condensed milk, sugar and butter, which is absolutely delicious and sooooo bad for your teeth and your waistline! I decided to be good and forego the pleasure :(

All this got us into the swing of things so when we got home we settled down to watch a Christmas movie.

So, that was our day ... what about yours? Did you have a good day too? I certainly hope so.

I'm off now for a cuppa and, as I have not been in the craft room all day, I'm off to have a wee play before bedtime :)

Take care all.

Happy Crafting,




5 comments:

Di said...

Fabby photos Elizabeth - getting into the Christmas spirit :)

I'll pass on the tablet too, much as I love it! Err, but I snaffled a cupcake.

Have a super week! Hugs, Di xx

scrappymo! said...

The Christmas markets look great but OMG those cupcakes are calling to me. One of those and a skinny latte (to make up) would be fabulous right now...Off to mooch around in the fridge...teehee

Sandra H said...

Hi Elizabeth, looks like you had a fab day with all of the trimming around you too! great these markets we don't have them much locally but when they do arrive they are fab and the Mull Wine goes down a treat........take care x

CraftygasheadZo said...

Great pic of you there! Glad you had a fab day & those treats all look super! Take care Zo xx

Jules said...

Hi Elizabeth

What a special day you had!!

Lots of great photographs to add to the collection too.

I'll have a cake please Elizabeth but I know hubby would want a piece of fudge LOL!!!

Love that reindeer .. .. I bet it looks extra special in the dark!!

Hope you are having a good week and all is going to plan.

Love Jules xx