Sunday 2 December 2012

Sheep Dog Passenger - brother's birthday card

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all well and have had a good weekend, leaving you ready for whatever Monday may bring.

As you can see I've had a makeover, or rather, my blog has been given a new winter look - I thought it was about time I got into the spirit of the season :) What do you think? Festive or what :))

I've also started to do a bit of bloggy housekeeping too - moving stuff around, deleting stuff and generally decluttering - a job that's long overdue. I've still a way to go yet but I'm hoping to have it looking much sleeker by 2013.

And here's the quick make I have to share with you.


It's the oldest of my two younger brothers 64th birthday this week. Douglas worked in agriculture for many years which makes it very easy to make a card for him. As long as it features something to do with farming or the countryside he is a happy man. So this topper, recycled from an old card, featuring a sheep dog and a Land Rover ticks all the boxes. We have both owned collie's in the past - in fact, Dougie bred and trained some great dogs ... collies, chocolate Labradors and terriers. At the same time as he was doing all this he also bred and showed Bantam hens, winning quite a few prizes with them, and he kept his own bees too.

The base is a foiled background card, Woodgrain, from Kanban, and the topper is matted on to a very colourful silver mirri card. The title and the greeting (inside) are also from Kanban and the card candi embellishments are Choc-a-Mocha coloured.

That's my lot for today. I'm off to bed so I'll wish you all a good night.

Take care and happy crafting,



12 comments:

Jackie said...

Wonderful card Elizabeth, and a beautiful image :o)
Jackie xx

Jules said...

Morning Elizabeth

Loving your new look blog!!

I thought I had called into the wrong place to begin with LOL!!

Your card for your brother is lovely. Great image and I love the background paper very much.

Hope you had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Marie-Louise said...

Great card Elizabeth - ideal topper for someone with a farming background especially with the old land rover in it. A friend of mine used to show Bantams and I always found it funny that when he was preparing them for a show he washed them and dried them with a hairdryer to fluff up the feathers.

brenda said...

Like new blog look Elizabeth, perfect for the winter season.

A great card to your brother, would appeal to the agriculturalists in my family as well.

At one time it was so hard to find anything suitable to make a card on that theme and I used to really struggle with those for my farmer Dad in particular, now there is so much available.

B x

Cass said...

Oooh very festive! Love the card, my sister has a collie, sadly it is scared stiff of sheep but will round up cows...

Cassidy xx

Hettie said...

Great card there Elizabeth and loving the new Bloggy look! I have changed mine but not sure anyone but Miss Di has noticed!
Hugs
x

scrappymo! said...

Love the new blog look!
It is good to declutter and revamop once in a while! I took on online blog course a few months back and they recommended that as well.

I think the Christmas look to your blog right now is gorgeous!

Great job on your brothers card. Love that background wood paper. I have quite a bit of wooodgrain in a few different colours...it is so perfect for masculine cards but also great for scrapbooking. I do so many pages of our time up at the lake. It is very outdoorsy photots that I am scrapbooking so that type of paper is perfect.

Bonnie said...

This is a fantastic card, Elizabeth! I like your new blog look! Very festive!

Sandra H said...

Fantastic new look blog Elizabeth, Gorgeous layout lovely detail so beautifully presented xx

Craftychris said...

Lovely card and I love your festive blog! xx

MaryH said...

Marvelous card. Your brother will love this collie, and your backgrounds were so pretty. Like your new 'look'. TFS

akilli melek said...

just catching up on WOYWW but must be too early for your post. Love the photos of you with Baby.
speak soon
caroline