Wednesday 30 March 2011

WOYWW 95 - A Flower Haul + Spring Flower Boxes

Happy WOYWW 95 to you all,


After all these months of card making I'm scrapping again so what you see on my work desk today is all about that. What you see is the first page, no; the second page of an album I'm making for my grandchildren's other grandmother. It's the second page because I will have to do a title page but haven't exactly decided what to do with that yet. As I'm the snapper in the family I'm the one with all the photographs and Granny Ann mentioned she had very few so, hopefully, this album will fill in the gaps in her collection.

I've mocked up the page layout but not stuck the elements down yet because I like to take a photo at this stage so that I can refer to when sticking it down. Round it are the supplies I've been working with: Papermania, Tweet stamp set; Adirondack Stonewashed ink pad, a pack of Vellum Writer pens, etc. Propped up at the back you can just see a couple of cute little LOTV squares - one is Christmas themed and I plan to use it in this week's Christmas card.

Hanging down is a pack of new jewel brads. My stash of WOC flowers were at an all time low so I had to put in an order and couldn't resist some bling too.

Yummy flowers: pink-edged hellebores, red poppies, red poinsettias, roses, white tulips, mixed cherry blossoms and rose and ivy leaves. There's also some cotton lace, white seam binding, and crystal sprays in red and gold. That should keep me going for a while.

For a sight of many more work desks best to hop over to the Queen of Desks, Julia's place at Stamping Ground - just click on the WOYWW link to the left here and happy desk hopping.
And here's what did me in at the weekend - we tidied up the front garden, rearranged the tubs and planters and added some more window boxes.


The pieris, to the right by the bench, was a present for my 50th birthday so is now about 13 years old. It was a tiny wee thing when it was given to me but is a beauty now and the bees love the flowers. That's a berberis next to it which is not so old, about 7 years old - I worked for a landscaping firm for a few years before going freelance and this plant came from the nursery there. It's a favourite because the blackbirds really enjoy the berries. After a jaunt to the local garden centre the, the Under Gardener (aka, the EM) planted the pots up with pansies, primulas, bellis and trailing lobelia, while I got out the secateurs and tidied up the plants from last year. Result: lovely. But I forgot to pace myself, did too much, and was jiggered for the next couple days. These are the joys of arthritis and impending old age : ) Next on the list is the back garden - it really needs a seeing too!

So that's it for today. Once I've posted this I'm off to look at as many desks as I can before lunch - yes, I'm really late uploading this today :)

Happy crafting to you all and I look forward to hearing from some of you over the next week.


19 comments:

Helen said...

Loved having a look round - your garden is going to be gorgeous when those plants settle in for the summer! And the flowers on your desk are great too.

Victoria said...

love the new flower stash and the front of your hous elooks gorgeous
Thank you for sharing with me on WOYWW

Vicky #88 30.3.2011
http://angeldrummer.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

Love the look of your SB page and gorgeous new stash to play with :) Your garden looks lovely, isn't it nice to see plants coming alive again now the sun is shining??
Have a great WOYWW,
Karen #79

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth, your scrapbook page is going to be lovely. Good idea taking a photo of it first. I love your garden. Thanks for stopping by my desk. Happy WOYWW! :-)

jude said...

Love the flowers in the front garden and also the stash on your desk.Take it easy and pace yourself or you may well knock yourself up again.Have restful wednesday
hugs judex6

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Love all the flowers both inside and out... I love my flowers too, and am so glad we are finally getting good weather so everything is going to start blooming soon....:)

Carrie said...

Golly Elizabeth you have been very busy.....and very naughty to put your back out! I hope you feel better soon. Your pots look stunning and I love the addition of a bench so you can sit and enjoy them. I love gardening but often forget to just sit down and look at all the hard work I have put in to get it where it is. We have a couple of plants that we have watched get established over the past 6 years and we take a photo of them every year so that we can see how they have changed. Don't forget to post a picture of those pots when they are at their peak as I am sure they will give you a stunning display amd I would love to see them. Now go and rest that back Elizabeth and don't be so naughty again!
Love
Carrie

Starla said...

How nice of you to make the scrap book for the other grandmother!
Want to come do some gardening here? Desperately need to get moving on that!

Marjo said...

Thanks for the peek and sharing. Have a great WOYWW

Hugs Marjo #22 oops thats 23

okienurse said...

loved reading your post today. The LO you are making for the other Grandma looks nice and I love all the stash you got in today. I need to buy more flowers. Front garden is looking very nice! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #83

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

So lovely to see your garden there Elisabeth and I did my back in last winter doing my roses all 40 of them and paid for it for the whole of winter so take care you know..
Funny how good we are at giving advice but not taking it.. now know where Ayr is and my nephew in UK is working up that way now .. new project they are starting up - small world, huh! was in Ireland now moved up there..but lives in Manchester.
Shaz in Oz. x
PS New stash looks great as do pages on Layout!!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Elizabeth you are naughty be careful with your back. Your garden looks lovely but try getting the EM to do it for you unless you can teach him to craft on your behalf.

Marie

Ciara said...

Wow those jewels are a bit mega aren't they?!

Your garden is lovely, I wish mine was a well kept as yours :-)

lisa said...

Your new flowers both real and crafty are looking gorgeous, Elizabeth. What a pretty front garden you have. It's so lovely to see the Spring flowers even on a dismal day isn't it.
What a lovely idea to do some scrapbooking the
other Grandma. I think that's a beautiful thought and very kind. She'll be thrilled I'm sure.
Hugs Lisax

The Crafty Elf said...

OMG flowers..we still have snow! TFS

Carola Bartz said...

The scrapbook page is lovely (I peeked at the post above). I also like all your flowers, and you seem to have the same bench as I do...

Mrs A. said...

Love your flower stash. Your front garden looks realy neat. Like the idea of the seat too. What colour is your berberis? I have a yellow one in my front garden which is a lot bigger as it is nearly 25yrs old. How did your shrink plastic go?
Hugs Mrs A. #16

Ali said...

Oooh love your new stash and those Papermania stamps look scrummy! Very productive-looking desk. Thanks for sharing! :)

Ali #90

Nicky said...

Great layout you did for william and I love the desk and your garden