Wednesday 19 February 2020

WOYWW - Week 559

Hello Everyone,

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday seems to come round a day earlier every week. I spotted some of you in my feed yesterday. Well done to all the early deskers but I just can't keep up - I'm like the coo's tail - always behind!
Photo taken yesterday evening. The craftroom sorting is still ongoing and it's the turn of the enamel drops which, up till now, have been kept in an absolute guddle in a pretty, but pretty useless, tin. So, I've found a better box - once an office index box - and created dividers with tabs made with a die from Crafter's Companion's Die'sire Essentials 'Just the Ticket' set.
Another pic from yesterday. I used markers in the nearest shades to the colours of those delicious dots.
And here's what's on the desk this morning! All dots filed and looking tidy. It's good but I'm thinking it's needs a bit more thought. However, it will have to do for now because there's a lot more sorting to do. Sigh.
And then there's this. The recent storms and the continuing horrible weather has me wanting more cosy knitted hats. One of the ladies in my Thursday craft group gave me this mammoth ball of yarn she no longer loved. Happily, I do love it. It's a lovely shade of purple with the added interest from random flecks of colour too. It's nice and chunky too - so quick to knit up. The pattern is a very easy one I've knitted a few times now - it doesn't require a lot of concentration so perfect while TV viewing.

And finally today ...
The EM has been busy. Daughter Juli was looking for a spice rack, admired the one in our kitchen, mentioned how expensive the one's she's been looking at are. Et voila! One custom made spice shelf for the use of. Delighted daughter, happy dad!

That's it from me this week. I'm off now to see what Julia and our fellow deskers have been showing us today.

Take care everyone and have a great week ahead.

10 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Guddle - now there's a great word! I think I shall have to use that today somehow. Whata great job you did of sorting the dots, you can see where everything is now so much quicker - result! That's the second time I've seen enamel dots on the desks today having never heard of them before. Love the heathery purple of that yarn and EM did a fab job with the spice rack, they do love a project eh?!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Annie said...

A two for one today then from you....two talented crafters that is :-) Great dotty sorting too...well done you.
Hugs,
Annie x #6

lisa said...

What great words you use, Elizabeth. Your post really made me smile. Words from different areas are so interesting, a lady I work with who is from Liverpool called small change, scummy. We call it shrapnel.
Everyone is tidying today. I spent the whole of Christmas clearing out my craft room and donated a car full of stuff to a local craft group. They were delighted and I can now get in my room again.
Have a good week

Hugs Lisax 12

Caro said...

Those dots are so pretty and now so organised - love it. I also love the hand made spice rack - just perfect. Happy WOYWW. Have a wonderful week. With love and God Bless, Caro xxx (#8)

Helen said...

Guddle isn't a term I've heard - perfect!! love all those dots, so pretty and organised. the spice rack is fab, how very clever EM is. Have a good week and happy knitting. Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

My favourite thing at the moment, enamel dots love them. Lucky daughter to have parents who are willing to give away bits of their kitchen, sure she appreciates it. Have a great week and a happy woyww, Angela x15x

Heather M said...

Hi Elizabeth, now that's what I call really organised! All my enamel drops and stick in gems are in a plastic tub - I don't really think I have the patience to sort through them. They get tipped out when I need them, and shoved back in the box when I'm done. Wow, love the spice rack - well done to hubby! Have a lovely week Heather xx #26

Sarah Brennan said...

Looks like everyone in the family has been creative this week Elizabeth. I love the colour of that wool too. Great idea for sorting the coloured dots. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #2

Lindart said...

Beautiful dots - did you make them? Great storage idea as well! Very talented hubby, mine doesn't dabble at all :-( . Have a wonderful week, Lindart #24

Little Dorrit does... said...

Getting ship-shape and sorted is very satisfying! Your new enamel dots storage system will make them so easy to use.
Love the tweedy purple wool. You just can't beat easy TV knitting - unless it's easy TV knitting with some gorgeous yarn!