Tuesday 5 March 2019

Scrapbook Pages 6-9 - Summer Challenge Week 2018

Hello Everyone

I'm back today with a few more layouts from last summer's MTS challenge. I don't remember all the details of the challenges but what links these layouts in particular is the titles - they all contain the letter 'Q'.

Quilting
This layout is to record my daughter's quilting - a king size quilt in English paper piecing - because this is a labour of love and worth recording. The background was created with Vicki Boutin's paint, shade 'Blue Hawaiian'. First brushed in broad strokes along the length of the white card base and then, watered down, splattered from the upper left corner to the bottom right.

Quality Produce
This one is a very simple layout using up strips of leftover patterned paper as a base for the photo of the colourful, and delicious, contents of a vegetable box delivered by a local supplier. I tried to keep the layout looking as fresh as the vegetables!

St Quivox
We often pass this lovely old church, in a tiny hamlet close to where we live, as it can be seen from the bypass. There are several very interesting gravestones, carved by local masons, in the cemetery. I managed to use some very old papers and ribbon from stash for this layout.

Quiet
This is my favourite of the four because the photo is of my beautiful granddaughter, Shari-Ann. She's a master when it comes to taking a selfie! The base card is actually black which proved to be difficult to photograph. I used some bubble wrap and inks to create a background down the right side before adding layers, photo, embellishments and the title.

I hope to be posting the remaining layouts over the coming days.

Thank you for looking - your visit is much appreciated.

No comments: