Sunday 17 March 2019

Christmas Card Club - Cards 6/2019 - Festive Food

Hello Everyone,

It's another Christmas Card Club Sunday and Lorraine (Rainey's Craft Room) chose today's theme - Festive Food. 
Once again the theme threw me into a spin - another impossible challenge! I was convinced I had nothing related to festive food in my stash but, as you can see, I was so wrong. What's more festive than a cup of hot chocolate and a gingerbread man for dunking. 

Supplies used:
- a 5" square white card base
- red/white patterned paper to cover the base, trimmed to leave an eight inch margin
- a square of white satin finished card embossed with a snowflake die. This was my first try out with the thin die (from China) and it failed. The card was too thick and obviously needed the addition of a shim to create more pressure. Still, I'm glad I saved it because it made a very nice background for this card
This close up shows that I tried putting it through my die-cutting machine twice, the second slightly off - a rookie error!!!
- a scrap of blue card for matting the topper
- scraps of white card for the topper, gingerbread man and sentiment
- stamps from Winter Wonderland stamp set
- ink pad - Archival Ink Jet Black
- colouring - Spectrum AquaMarkers in reds in Crimson & Scarlet, Peacock blue & Fawn
- embellishments - dark blue gems
I cut a slit round the rim of the 'mug of chocolate' to slip the stamped, coloured and fussy cut gingerbread man into place. I used sticky tape to keep his feet in place and put a small piece of dimensional tape behind his head so he didn't get squashed when the card is in the mail. 

Please pop round to the other ladies' blogs to see their beautiful creations ... the links to them are on the right side bar. Fortnightly we post a Christmas card - the plan is to get ahead and avoid the last minute stress at the beginning of January. 

Thanks for popping by - your visits are much appreciated. 

9 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Your card is brilliant and just so perfect fir the challenge. I love the bright and cheerful colours. Hugs Mrs A.

dutchess said...

What a fun card Elizabeth....now I have never dunked gingerbread into hot chocolate but it sound delicious and going to definitely give that a go...love it xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Eliza, lovely image of the mug of chocolate and that cute Gingerbread man , fabulous design and colours, Kate x x

Rita said...

Great card Elizabeth. Love the Mug of Hot Chocolate. Have a Good Week. Hugs Rita xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Elizabeth
Fabulous card for the Challenge...
Hugs a Sylvie x

Zoe Tant said...

Just perfect for the challenge Elizabeth. Zoe x

rachel said...

brilliant Elizabeth - fabulous card! Hugs rachel xx

Valerija said...

Supper sweet image, great card.
Valerija xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Yummy gingerbread! Perfect card for the theme. Sorry I've been missing of late, there's a post on the CCC blog by way of an explanation.
Lorraine