Welcome! This blog is intended to record all my craft projects - scrapbooking, cardmaking, sewing, knitting, gardening - and anything else that catches my interest. I hope you enjoy reading my posts and feel free to leave me a comment - they are always much appreciated!
Sunday, 20 January 2019
Christmas Card Club - Card 2/2019 - Cute
I hope you are all well and enjoying a happy Sunday.
It is time for another new card for the Christmas Card Club. This time Sylvie has chosen the theme 'Cute' which I've gone for rather than the fallback of 'anything goes'.
Cute gave me the opportunity to use some a of the goodies purchased at The Range recently.
- white A6 card base from Papermania
- an A6 sheet of white card from Craft Sensations Mixed Paper Block
- the embossing folder /stamp set #5 from Craft Sensations.
- brown ink pad - Memento Rich Cocoa
- ProMarkers in shades of brown, yellow, green and red
- patterned paper for layering and the greeting - from Die Cuts With a View Holiday Speciality Stack - from an almost unbelievable 2009
- die - Tonic Studios' Modern Merry Christmas
The embossing folder has a very pretty leaf/berry pattern which looks very like mistletoe. There's a square area in the design that remains 'unembossed' - the perfect space on which to stamp the image of one of the little birds from the set.
The greeting was cut twice, one from the red patterned paper and the other from a scrap of white cardstock which I then layered together to create the greeting.
The ladies in our Christmas Card Club will be publishing their cards too. To save the stress of the last minute dash in December we make a Christmas card every two weeks and posting it on our own blogs - see the list of links on the sidebar to the right.