Wednesday 23 January 2019

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 503

Afternoon Everyone,

Almost evening, actually. I'm here to check into the Stamping Ground to see what's on Julia, our noble leader's and your desks today. Of course, it's only fair I show you mine first before I go desk-hopping.
Looking very familiar I'm sure. The pile at the back is maybe a bit bigger - I've sorted out the pile of patterned paper into full size sheets, stickers and cut-outs and scraps. It's easier to riffle through, well, in theory it is! There's dish of cut-outs beside the guillotine and a just-started-and-nowhere-near-completion layout to the front, next to the sticker sheets. There's some seriously old stash there which I'm determined to use up this month while I'm still concentrating on scrapping our December photos.

There's not much else to report this week. I haven't been particularly busy - it's been too cold, -3 degrees today, making us both sluggish and not at all keen to leave the warmth of the sitting room. In fact, you could say we've been 'coorieing doon' - the Scottish equivalent of hibernating! Given that the weather is set to get even colder it could be we'll be keeping cosy for some time yet.

And finally, the book bit. The good news is that I'm able to put my ear buds in again but I've listened to just the one book so far but it's a start.

Jane Fallon's 'My Sweet Revenge' is an every day story of a marriage going wrong. Paula and Robert have been together 20 years and married for 18 of them. She gave up her dreams of a career in acting to bring up their daughter whilst he climbed the dizzy heights to become a stalwart in a popular soap opera.  He's also cheating on Paula with his screen 'wife'. Discovering this Paula decides to get her 'sweet revenge'. It's a a cracking read - I thoroughly enjoyed it especially as there was more than one surprising twist in the tale.


Take care everyone, thanks for stopping by, and have a great week.


14 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth, I've taken to using those plastic document wallets to sort my card & paper off cuts into. I get them from Poundland, or The Works, and they have a DL size, an A5 size as well as an A4, so great choice. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 X

Caro said...

Nice looking colour scheme on your new layout. Hope the organisation of the papers works for you! Take care and have a good week. With love and God Bless, Caro x (#27)

Sarah Brennan said...

Evening Elizabeth. It's definitely the weather for hibernating! Hope you manage to make a dent in that paper stash soon and look forward to seeing the last of the December layouts. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Helen said...

I love Jane Fallon's novels, have read a few... will keep my eyes open. well done for sorting your scraps pile - your scraps are bigger than mine lol, I must try and throw away scraps that really are too small to ever be useful! Helen #5

glitterandglue said...

Hi Elizabeth. Your desk looks poised for action the minute the temperature rises a little!! The book sounds good!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth I'm being quick tonight as I'm late visiting. Well done with the sorting. Happy woyww, sending hugs, Angela x17x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love seeing the sun creeping through the window and settling on your crafty stash, it's been so dark over the past weeks it's uplifting to see some light.
That book sounds like the perfect holiday read. Thank you for sharing WoywW. Have a fabulous week Tracey #9

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah hibernating, I’m doing that in reverse as it’s too hot to go out! Funny old world, your desk is busy and organised too, better than mine!
Happy belated WOYWW.
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x #6

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
{Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well done for the sorting out - I had a bit of a go this week too and was quite harsh in what I threw out (well, put in the recycling box!). It's been chilly here but nothing what you've had so I can understand why you've been coorieing doon, how I love that phrase!! I always enjoy reading your book reviews and shall look out for this one, I've read some of her stuff before - she's good.
Hugs LLJ 14 xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

I get it E, my craft room feels really chilly this week, I don’t like it. In fact, in order to avoid putting the heating on this morning, I even did the ironing! I love that you have a dainty dish of offcuts and snips....mine are just rescued from the surface when I finally have to give in and tidy!

Annie said...

Sorry for the delay in commenting this week...it's taken me til now to get back on the laptop. I think we all feel like coorieing doon this weather. I'm a warm weather lover so will be glad when the Spring sunshine comes now.
Stay cosy my friend.
Hugs,
Annie x #10

Twiglet said...

It's a bit warmer here today and we haven't had it as cold as you but I know what you mean. keep cosy! xx Jo

Sue said...

Hi Elizabeth, Your LO looks lovely. I do like the green. I keep a box of various odds and ends and look there before going to other stash.

We had -6 the other day, but it's going to reach 4 here today. Think there's a cold snap looming though.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW 503
Sue #2

Kelly said...

Sounds like a great read! do you post reviews on Amazon or Goodreads? Those really help the author (speaking for myself and all my writing friends) LOL.

I'll be hibernating this week. Bitter cold is moving in. But I have enough here to keep me busy. ;-) Creative Blessings! Kelly #32