Thursday 4 January 2018

Keepsake


If you've read yesterday's post you will know that I'm sorting through the contents of my craftroom. It's a great time waster but it's also a job that needs to be done. The bonus is that I'm finding all sorts that I'd forgotten about including this topper, already stamped and coloured, just crying out to be made into a card. It also gave me an opportunity to use a snippet, admittedly quite a sizable snippet, of green card so I'll be popping over to Pixie's Snippets Playground for the first time this year.

Supplies used:

- a white A6 card blank from Docrafts Papermania 
- the snippet of green textured cardstock, also from Docrafts Papermania
- water colour card, from a pad bought at my local craft shop (sadly now closed down), brand name now forgotten
- Penny Black's Keepsake stamp
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
- pink water colour paint 
- Stickles Sprinkled Sugar for the centre of the flowers
- small yellow gems for the centre of the flowers - I didn't think the Stickles was sparkly enough - and pink ones for decoration. 

Ah well, better get back to my stuff sorting. I feel that as I unearth more forgotten treasure there will be a few more cards to share with you. Talk about getting back to normal with a bump. 

Happy Crafting

5 comments:

Di said...

You do shame me with all the sorting out you do Elizabeth! Wonderful card ,,,,,, and a very guilty conscience here - sigh

Hugs

Di

scrappymo! said...

This is a pretty card, Elizabeth!

I too am working in my craft room. I have been labeling my stash as I never seem to remember just what I own!

AlisonC said...

It's really pretty and have a lovely feel. Well done for having a sort out, we should all do that.

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Elizabeth and a Happy New Year to you.
Beautiful card, I love the floral images and your colours, Kate x

Rita said...

Happy New Year Elizabeth. I see like me you are starting afresh with a good old sort out too. It will take me a while to get everything organised again after trawling everything out to get it into some sort of semblance again. Your Snippet card looks amazing and your colouring is so lovely. Here to Wonderful 2018 for You, Allan & the family. Hugs Rita xxx