Wednesday 13 December 2017

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 445

Hello WOYWWers & All,

Here we are heading towards Christmas - fast! And, I don't know about you, but I'm feeling just a tad stressed. So much to do and so little time left. I expect Julia, our Head Desker, over at The Stamping Ground is rather more organised than this poor WOYWWer.

It's not as though I haven't been busy. I have. Honestly! But I'm still paddling like mad to get everything done before Christmas. So here's what's on my desk today.
Yep! I'm still making cards. What you can see is the result of me playing with an idea for a Christmas card. It hasn't worked out quite how I wanted it to so it's back to the drawing board.

Other projects I've been working on:



From the sewing machine. This little toilet bag was a tricky wee make and I admit I'm not entirely happy with it, but I'm looking on it as a learning experience.






This lovely bowl of labels were cut from leftover scraps of card in a variety of colours. The die used is from Xcut's Mini Bunting.


The labels were for this pile of books for my great-grandchildren. They have one for each day of the week leading up to the big day. For the first time there was two piles to label this year - that's a lot of labels.



And finally:

More knitting of asymmetrical scarves. Numbers five and six. Number five, the cream/gold sequined one at the back, is finished and number six is nearly there. I'm loving the fluffy white yarn which has a sprinkling of the tiniest silver sequins through it. 


That's what I've been up to this week and what I'm working on today. The weather here is frightful, we're having sleet and rain by turns,  so so what better excuse to stay warm and cosy indoors, hot chocolate at the ready, and check out what you have on your workdesk today.

Take care and stay safe wherever you are.


11 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

It certainly looks as if you've been busy. I love the idea of a book a day leading up to Christmas; so much better than loads of chocolate. Hope the next card idea turns out OK. Cute toilet bag. Happy WOYWW Sarah #11

Annie said...

I love books for little ones...start em young I say 😀 When our three were little I always treated them with a new book if I was rewarding them for anything and I’m thrilled to see all our little ones get treated the same. We could start our own library here 😀😀😀 I always take a new book with me when I’m on babysitting duties too so the little ones can never wait to see what’s in Nannys bag to be read at bedtime.
I love your knitting Ellie as I’m sure all that receive it will too.
Hugs,
Annie x

Ellie said...

You are so busy. It's making me feel unorganized hahah
Ellie #25

Helen said...

I always mean to make my own gift tags but leave things too late, so I've bought them again this year!! Hope you get more organised soon - I still have gifts to buy, never mind wrap them up! Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I really must make some gift cards with all those left over bits, it really makes sense. Have a lovely and creative woyww, Angela x12x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wow, love the knitting, Elizabeth it’s really really beautful and think the books are agrand idea, way to spend the anticipation leading up to Christmas well done ontags hope you sort card design, make it simple I say it’s quicker in long run!
Thanks for poppping over earlier too.
And thanks so much for your great desky share... new colour of cuttlebug, haven’t seen a blue one before, mine from Mach 2010 still going strong, keep waiting for it to die! Have and use for some things original plates too, and few extra B plates as well.
Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #2

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Bubbles said...

Wow ... busy bee!
I buy my grandchilden books for Christmas - and they love them!
Hope you figure out the card soon :) Oh, and the little bag looked perfect to me :)
Have a wonderful week,
Bubbles
#3
https://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/woyww-445.html

Neet said...

You sound like me, stressed and paddling (I love how you used that word, sums me up). Mind you you have been creative in other areas, I just must start my cards earlier - like January!
Hugs, Neet 4 xx

Lindart said...

What a lovely tradition with the books! Your scarves are looking great, I too especially like the white one! I'm sure your not the only one still making Christmas Cards! I know I had a few left over from last year because I made them too late to mail! I also love my hot chocolate and cosy indoors! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #27

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love that bowl of tags - so bright and cheerful! And what better use than for that amazing pile of books for the children. Can't start them too young! I remember reading books to our boys when they were babies and it never stopped :-D. That yarn is lovely, I bet the scarves are all pretty and twinkly - the toilet bag looks ok to me but it's hard to get them perfectly even, I know from bitter experience!!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

sandra de said...

Hi Elizabeth, lovely collection of gift tags all ready to go. Have a lovely week.
sandra de @18