Friday 8 December 2017

Friday Smiles

Friday again, and after spending the morning tidying my really, really messy craftroom, I'm ready to join in with Annie, A Stitch In Time, and share what's made me smile this week. And there's been a lot!

This was today's dawn.
It was freezing but I couldn't resist going out, in my PJs, and taking a photo of those fabulous pink clouds. They look like candyfloss.

I just had to show these photos my great-granddaughter, little Lacie, playing peek-a-boo with her mum, Jenny.


That chuckle is guaranteed to make us all smile. And she's wearing the little sweater I knitted for her second birthday ... though it's clearly too big!

Here's another great-grandchild, Callum, having a chat with Santa.
He hasn't been too keen to meet Father Christmas in the past but this time he surprised everyone and seemed very much at ease with him.

These two books are a late birthday present from my lovely daughter, Juli. She hasn't been too well over the last few weeks ... a bad attack of sinusitis which, so far, has refused to respond to antibiotics.
Because of that, she wasn't able to visit me on my birthday so, a few days later when she was feeling a bit better we visited her and these were waiting for me. She says they will keep me busy - I'm sure she's right at that!

And talking about keeping busy, here's some happy mail that arrived yesterday.
Having taken up knitting again, I now can't get enough of the beautiful yarns that are available at the moment. Admittedly, I'm a bit of a one trick pony and only knitting the same pattern over and over again ... the one for the asymmetric scarf I modelled in this previous Friday Smile.

And finally, this week's funnies.

Given what I've just admitted above this one seemed very appropriate.
And this one too.

Right, I'm off to do a bit of knitting whilst watching Tipping Point - I'm addicted to both :)

3 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Love your funnies Elizabeth. Looks like you've had a great week and hope the weekend is just as good. Angela xXx

Annie said...

What a beautifully happy post today Ellie. The little ones always make me smile as does all the knitting you’re managing to do. Well done you.
Hugs,
Annie x

Carole Pollard said...

Lovely post and photos love that picture with Father Christmas just what it's all about Love and hugs Carole x