Friday 1 December 2017

Friday Smiles

Good Morning Folks

I trust you have had a good week with plenty to smile about and share with Annie over at A Stitch In Time.  This has been a special week and, apart from feeling sooooooo much older, I've had a great time celebrating. So much so, I forgot to get my camera out most of the time so there's very few photos to share but here's the best of what there is.

Daybreak over Ayr on my birthday. A really bonnie dawn.

Snow-topped mountains on the Isle of Arran. We are so lucky to be able to enjoy this view on the trip to the Cake and Crafting Group meeting in Prestwick.

And just in case we are in any doubt that Christmas is on the way here's Dobbies Garden Centre decked up like a Christmas tree. This is what it looked like yesterday evening when we were at a special 'shopping event' to get the whole Christmas ball rolling. There was supper, live music and, of course, lots of lovely festive goodies to buy. You can guess that more than a few fell into my shopping basket - the 20% discount helped!


And to round of a particularly memorable week some happy mail arrived today.
Very special thanks to my very special friend, Annie. What can I say, your gorgeous dumfings will be treasured forever and the beautiful patchwork covered notebook will make the perfect journal for 2018 - if I can stop stroking it long enough to write anything in it!

Finally, the funnies for this week:

For the papercrafters among us:

For the sewists among us:






Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Awwww I’m smiling now. How I value our friendship Ellie. You’re a very special lady...even if you’re smaller than I imagined 😂😂😂 so glad you’ve had a good birthday week and been spoilt well...it’s only what you deserve especially as it was such a big one 😂😂😂😂
Huge hugs,
Annie xxxx

Lisca said...

A belated happy Birthday! That was certainly a bonnie dawn.
Yes, "it's beginning to feel a bit like Christmas". The garden centre looks really festive.
Oh what beautiful dumfings! They ought to be framed they are so beautiful.
Although I am not a sewer, I did smile at the funnies. That man with his rickshaw ful of materials is amazing!
Have a wonderful week,
Lisca

mamapez5 said...

Some lovely photographs Elizabeth. We had a Dobbies garden centre just near where I used to live in UK. I always went to see their decorations. They were one of the best.
The funnies all made me smile. The man with all the fabric is a sight we often saw when on holiday in Cambodia and Vietnam. I don't know how they manage to stay balanced.
have a good week. Kate x